Osteoplan/ mini Tens

Options
LolaCrayola
LolaCrayola Member Posts: 152
edited 6. Jul 2013, 13:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Are either of these worth a try? Shall I save my money for cake? Thank you.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :lol: Cake, chocolate, dried figs, flowers, wine, whatever gives you a lift ;):)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • LolaCrayola
    Options
    Thank you :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If the former worked some of us wouldn't be here. The latter may but only whilst you're wearing it - I had TENs treatment in hospital and I thought it worked whilst I was wearing it because it was damned horrible so took my mind away from the other horridness. As soon as it was swtiched off it was service as normal. :wink: I say save your money for pretties and treats. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LolaCrayola
    Options
    :lol: thank you
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Save money for cakes
    I tried tens machine from GP total waste of time!
    Maria
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Options
    I bought myself a tens machine in desperation when the GP accused me of selling my cocodamol on Ebay because I was getting through so many of them! I would say it 'works; while you are using it, so you'd think the solution would be to wear it all the time. Unfortunately after a while it hurts like hell! You know the feeling of someone rubbing the same spot of skin over and over again? That's what it feels like when I've had mine on for more than about 20 mins...it starts to really irritate and I end up pulling the pads off and taking pain killers.

I wish I'd bought cake!
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    TENS machines can work for muscle pain but tend not to for joint pain, according to my physio which I found to be true. If I've got neck ache or back ache from slouching on the sofa during a flare, the TENS is wonderful for the tense, tight muscles but not much else in my experience. That said, everyone is different and if you can get one on loan to try, it might be worth it. Do you see an OT or physio who could loan you one? Then, you could try the TENS and have cake! :D
  • LolaCrayola
    Options
    I have a full sized TENS but I need a person to stick it on! A pad often falls off. Recently I lost a heat patch at work, that was rather embarrassing, found it on the floor, like a stranded fish on the beach. Also had one that decided it wanted to be a chicken fillet and migrated into my bra. I do not like anything which falls off. :lol:
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    I agree with the majority - don't waste your money. Have a treat instead - far more beneficial! Beryl
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I've got one and its not a lot of good....for me....everyone's different as we usually say.
    I need help getting the pads on as well.

Love
    Hileena