What if this is as good as it gets?

Options
LolaCrayola
LolaCrayola Member Posts: 152
edited 4. Jul 2013, 13:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Righto, hello. I have Cervical Spondylosis with nerve impingement, left hand side, x ray / MRI for 3 years. Since Xmas had pains on right hand side. Sometimes annoying, inconvenient as I am right handed. Often intolerable. Being treated for nerve pain and having pain management, with plan in place. Have slight worry that I may have OA in both shoulders or more nerve impingement. Am wondering if I need to request another look. Already been rereferred to Orthopaedic place once due to persistent pain. Or should I just plough on? My management would be the same, ignorance may be bliss. OA only got diagnosed after I demanded an x ray. GP say it unlikely I have OA in shoulders, but I pointed out it was unlikely I had Cervical Spondylosis. Have a dislike of surgery and prefer to stay away for normality.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh heck, this is a tricky one, isn't it? We're not docs and we're not you. I am one who always prefers to know what's going on as I don't think the ostrich approach gets me anywhere. When were your last Xrays / MRIs? Were they three years ago or have you been having them for three years? (I re-read that bit of your post but couldn't sort it out. :oops: ) All the conditions are progressive and need monitoring, but only you can assess whether your tolerance limits are being reached.

It may well be that nothing more can be done but there again there could be the option of a change in meds which might help matters better. You won't know until you try and for sure if you don't try you won't know. It's a hard decision. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LolaCrayola
    LolaCrayola Member Posts: 152
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have had one x ray done three years ago on my cervical spine. I had an MRI on my cervical spine a year ago. I am just canvassing opinion really. :lol: I don't wish to be seen as a pushy patient.