flare up!!

Options
As5567
As5567 Member Posts: 665
edited 9. Jul 2013, 09:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Over the last week I have been feeling really tired, at first I just put it down to my infusion and accepted it. The last 2 nights I have had restless nights and have been woken by aches, pains and locked joints. Although this pain mostly settles down to a reasonable level once I get up and about I'm sure that this is going to turn into a flare up, which who knows how long it will last till. The timing of this flare up isn't great either, I have a meeting at university next week to see if they think I'm fit enough to return or not. I have my doctors support on me returning which makes me feel positive about the meeting but turning up when I'm in pain probably won't be a very convincing look. If I'm unable to return to university then I don't know what I will do with myself (Staying home has been driving me crazy!)

This recent flare up also makes me question weather or not my new medication is actually working, or was I just enjoying the good days from the steroid IV treatment :S

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Flares can occur when one is on medication but they are usually not as bad. You haven't been on this med for long, have you? It can take time to get into the system so don't overdo things over the next few days and hopefully it will settle. Good luck with the interview next week, it would be good to get back to university, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello,
    I do hope that you are fit enough to pass your University Medical, as it means so much.

I'm sorry, I don't know much about your condition, but one thing I'm sure of and that is a universal truth, that worrying will not help and might make things worse. I know its tright and easy for me to say, as I don't have to do anything as I'm retired, but try and relax. I keep what I call my 'chewing gum books' . They'r easy to read and I know them well but not too heavy to require thought to read and they take my mind of things for a while. Also, if you do have some time to fill and are well enogh, maybe it would help to do some voluntory work for a short time. At least that would get you out, but only if you'r well enough!

Universities are understanding of illness and I'm sure they will be able to work out a way for you to take your course, even if you have to put it back a while, but I expect you know this better than I do. I used to work at Oxford University so I do understand a little, though things have changed since my day! Getting old!!!

I do hope that you will pass your medical and be able to get on with your life. Love and best wishes Sue xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Hi Ash

Well the only suggestion I can make is to look after yourself as much as possible, rest eat well and pace yourself.

That is really all YOU can do to help isn't it?

My fingers are totally crossed for you for your University meeting next week.

Love

Toni xxx
  • As5567
    Options
    Thanks all, been feeling slightly better today and the nice weather is helping a lot. Have been relaxing in the garden all day (in the shade) and trying to take things easy.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather while they can!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Thanks I am LOVING it :)

Now you keep on resting - with luck you'll be fine for your meeting next week.

Love

Toni xxx
  • As5567
    Options
    Looks like I'm able to return to resume my course (YAY) I finally have something to look forward to and work towards.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hey that's fantastic news
    Bet you can't wait
    What year will you be in?
    My daughter starts her 2nd year at uni her and her four friends have moved in to their new house already but she's home at min
    She like you has had serious health issues and missed last couple of months at uni including 10 days in hospital 2weeks before exams so life was pretty stressful as well you know
    I'm so happy for you I could cry my damn hormones on overdrive
    Great great news :D
    Maria
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Great news, I am so pleased for you, keeping fingers crossed that everything settles down for you starting back at uni............tc...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Really good news. Very pleased for you.

Take care of yourself.

Meg