Would steroid jag on right joint help left too ? RA

Options
Mormodook
Mormodook Member Posts: 130
edited 10. Jul 2013, 06:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm going for a steroid injection in to a wrist tomorrow because my wrists and hands have been playing up. I don't know which one they will do because both are "annoying" to say the least. Anyway , it got me wondering ....... You know how RA can be predictively balanced on both sides of your body ( ie if one knee gets sore you know the other will follow on ) does that mean that a steroid injection in a right wrist should in theory help the left one too ? Thanks all :wink:

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I don't think the steroid injection because its injected locally to the joint will help your other joints
    I have had many injections in wrists, shoulders and toe joints all help the areas injected but not any others
    Unless you get an injection systemically meaning generalised injection into muscle which goes go round the system therefore helping more areas
    Hope that helps
    Maria
  • Mormodook
    Options
    Thanks Maria .... I kind of think that myself ! Wishful thinking on my part ! :D
  • Mormodook
    Options
    I got the answer today from my physio in the form of 2 injections ! Ouchy stuff !
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope you are resting those injected joints - this is important because it gives the steroid the chance to 'soak in' and then really get to work - well, that was what I was told for me they never worked for longer than three days! :lol: Good luck, I hope you already feeling some benefit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hi,

My consultant says, in his infinite wisdom, that even a steroid joint injection can give you an 'oomph' in yourself as well as the joint. Has to be good, don't you think? I am all for feeling better in myself, my family are much more smiley when I am feeling the effects from steroids :D

Janie xx