Summer footwear - sandals n stuff !

Options
Mormodook
Mormodook Member Posts: 130
edited 10. Jul 2013, 09:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
What kind of sandals or summer shoes can anyone recommend. You know what it's like trying to get something that looks "ok" that will match summer clothes. I bought clarkes Velcro ones today and they seem quite comfy and they look reasonably fashionable ( although in an ideal world not my first choice!)
Anyone got firm favourites ? :)

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

I wear crocs, well they're fake ones I bought in Gran Canaria but they are SO comfy :) They're really cushioned on the soles n aren't dead flat so offer support on my arches etc too. I swear by them & will even wear them in winter if my feet are hurting.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I find Fly Flot sandals very comfortable. I have a problem in that I only take a size 2, so am limited to children's shoes anyway. Still, no VAT! Knowing I was going to be walking a lot on a day out a couple of weeks ago, I bought some 'Leanne' shoes from Hotter and they were very good. They're not sandals, more like trainers, but I was on my feet for most of the day and, whereas on previous occasions I've struggled with painful feet, this time, I was able to cope quite well.
  • Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    Options
    Well, having been told on my first consultant visit only about 6 weeks ago to change my footwear and wear flat shoes, I have sorted our my beautiful heeled shoes for the car boot!!! Then, off I went to Padders factory shop where I bought several pairs of comfy flat shoes/sandals, some in red, some in green and some sandals in a murky brown colour - these are wonderfully comfortable, with three velcro straps across the foot, and a single velcro strap around the ankle, which mean that they can be adjusted to however the foot/feet are feeling on the day!! None of the above are what I would call pretty, but they do the job and I am getting used to them! I have also bought a pair of fit flops with a sparkly 'jewel' on the front - my normal toe post shoes were so uncomfortable on the inflammation around the toes, but the fit flops are great - also bought them from Padders. My next mission is to try and find some 'pretty' and comfortable shoes for occasional 'going out' wear!! OMG - so glad there are others who are getting used to the whole footwear thing!!!!!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Croc's are good and comfy, but I always go back to Sketchers or rocket dogs extra comfy and the material is very stretchy when your feet swell! It's a case of what's best for your feet we're all different! at least you've got a good list to look through!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I tend to live in flip flops once the snow has gone. They have soft foamy soles, don't squish my toes or heels and can be replaced easily and cheaply as required!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Nothing beats a loose paid of memory foam type sandals! I have had my current paid of sandals for around 4 years, I purchased them while in Australia and have never found anything like them since. Unfortunately I'm unable to tell you what make they, there doesn't appear to be any branding on them at all :(
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I have a few pairs of sandals with velcro straps and cushioned soles, not my first choice of footwear, but at least I can walk!

However my feet keep swelling so I have just ordered some more crocs. I bought some in France, and they are amazing, so comfy and I can walk in them.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Crocs are good for pottering about at home for me but because of my ankle weakness, I constantly trip and sprain my ankles, so need something more solid. I struggle every year! This year, I found some fab shoes called Heavenly Feet for £30. Previous years, I have tried Clarks shoes (good if you've got wide feet) and Sketchers. I like a flat pump shoe that is more of a shoe and less of a pump (complex I know :lol:) with a strap that I can adjust. I have a slight deformity so I have to find shoes to accommodate that too! It's not my fave task but I think you can't put a price on comfy feet when you've got Arthur.
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Talking of comfortable attractive shoes ... I know forum rules prevent advertising, but can anyone recommend somewhere I could buy attractive, wide fitting, comfortable, low heel shoes to wear to my daughter's wedding? Bad enough trying to find an outfit when you're not 100% fit, and overweight, but shoes ....!!!!
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! I like the idea of memory foam shoes ! I might google that :)
  • Buka
    Buka Member Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm a fit flop fan at this time of year. I also like a croc and then I shop for wide fitting shoes online. Many of the catalogues for the more mature woman have extra wide fittings in court shoes etc. They also have some pretty sandals so worth a look.