Weak and shakey leg

Options
As5567
As5567 Member Posts: 665
edited 13. Jul 2013, 15:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Today while driving I noticed my right leg started to shake uncontrollably every time I moved it or applied pressure to the gas/break. Does anyone know if this is anything to do with Arthritis or medications? My right leg also feels heavy and rather weak.

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I suffer from this. I have disk problems and arthritis in my lower back which is pressing on nerves and causing weakness in my proximal and distal muscles, as well as pain. Could that be your problem?

I also have SLE and inflammatory arthritis and associated muscle weakness which doesn't help.

I would speak to your gp and ask maybe for a physio referral to see if they can identify the problem and treat it.

I used to avoid driving whilst I was suffering, as it worried me.
  • As5567
    Options
    I have recently had a problem with a disc, the pain has mainly gone now but maybe that is the cause.
  • suzygirl
    Options
    It sounds a possibility, check with your doctor.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Yes, I would get your doc to check it out................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I was going to suggest the spine thing too. It sounds like it to me. Good luck - bad backs are no fun at all.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    You OK Ash???

Great news about University though :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • As5567
    Options
    I have sent an email to my doctor to give me a call when he can, I have noticed that my leg seems to shake only when I'm sat down and trying to do something i.e push the break while driving.

Toni - I'm ok at the moment, not great but good enough for me. And yes good news about uni, can't wait to go back. Will be nice to have something to do!
  • suzygirl
    Options
    I find that sitting down presents me with a real problem, often my legs go completely numb and then i can't walk at all. I have to sit with them up. Climbing stairs sets things off badly as well. I assume certain actions must irritate the nerves more?
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi;
    My legs both shake if I'm on my feet too long. I've never had a satisfactory answer to explain this. I do have some neuropathy; it's always been put down to that.

Please post back what you find out.

Nothing too serious, I hope.

Anna
  • As5567
    Options
    I spoke with my doctor on Friday and he said my symptoms sound consistent with the problems I recently had with my back but there wasn't anything really he could tell me over the phone until I see him in person, I'm seeing him in 2 weeks time for a checkup so I said I'd wait until then.