Back for 2nd THR check up tomorrow

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 13. Jul 2013, 12:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I am now 10 weeks post op and was told I would be reviewed again at 12 weeks. I got my appointment for next week but we will be away for a couple of days to celebrate my daughter finishing her exams etc.. so they re arranged it for tomorrow. So a bit earlier than I was expecting, maybe the surgeon is away when I am 12 weeks?I don`t know?
I have been trying to get to the 1 crutch that he wanted and I can do this, and even walk without any but my gait it still very poor. I saw my physio this week and she observed my gait and said until I am a lot stronger to use 2 crutches as without I am leaning too much to my left and `lurching` more which is causing pain in back/pelvis.
I am going to clarify the information I was given last time, that I have to keep the 90 degree rule for life, as my physio wants to be clear about this for exercises etc.. and I need to know for the future including work. I have had a few dizzy/faint spells and saw my GP about it who says my BP is ok so?
I am also going to ask more about my back which is still bad and ask about my knees who have joined in the pain and swelling party!! :roll:
I will send a shout out to our Barbara as she is in the hospital I am going to !!
NB

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi NB. Do hope all goes well with your check up tomorrow. Have been thinking about Barbara all day, so give her a shout from me too.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Beryl. ((()))
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    God luck for tomorrow NB. I hope you get all your other problems sorted out soon as well, give Barbara a shout from me also...................tc............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Good luck for tomorrow
    I think the 90 degree rule will stay as they don't want your hip dislocating
    The physio is the best person to show you tricks of the trade regarding your range of movements
    Hope all goes well
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The main thing is you are being reviewed, that is important. It's good that you're able to use one crutch but I'm not too surprised that your gait is uneven when not using any. I hope that they are pleased with your progress and that you are able to get the clarifications you need. Good luck for today, you are going forwards in all directions! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Hope it all goes well for you today.

Meg
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi NB
    How did things go?
    90 degree rule......my consultant said {after 12 weeks or so} be careful but that was all.....the physio will not give me any exercises that involve this 90 degree rule....eg.......on my back, hugging my knee and pulling it up under my chin. He says do it with one leg but not the other....THR was 4 years ago :o

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Sorry....that THR wasn't 4 yrs ago.....it was 3 and a half years ago.....I couldn't edit my post for some reason

Love
    Hileena