moving with help only from one member of my family

Options
mari50
mari50 Member Posts: 27
edited 16. Jul 2013, 08:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have just moved because of ill health due to anti social behaviour (not by me I may add) over the last 18 months. My downstairs neighbour dicided it would be fun to make as much noise as possible all day and sometimes at night (slamming doors on average 30 times a day and banging). Then a year ago a couple of teenagers started causing trouble with their mates from kicking a football trying to hit windows to trying to get in during the night. Neither the landlord or the PCSO helped. On moving eventually only one of my 4 children helped me!!!!! It makes you wonder if having a family is worth it.
My new place is a lot smaller but more relaxing. It just upsets me that antisocial behaviour seems to be encouraged and not stamped out. I have been made very ill by this from losing my voice for 5 weeks, until a week after I mvoed, to blackouts which, on one occassion resulted in me stepping out in front of a car unknowingly. Sorry about the moaning but I have to get this off my chest before I take legal advise. Anyone know any good solicitors.

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear you have really had a tough time
    Hopefully now in your new home you can start to relax
    We had neighbours from hell and had to sell up and move which took 3yrs
    We now have lovely neighbours and live in a quiet area
    We had to downsize and treble the mortgage but so glad we did
    As for your children I can't comment maybe the others were working/ expecting other siblings to help/ had other commitments but who knows really what goes on in some of their heads
    I have a daughter and a son and know I will always be able to rely on my son but not so sure about my daughter but saying that she does have long standing health issues so she depends on me more
    Families are difficult to work out at times
    Best wishes
    Maria
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I hope that things {with you and illness} settle down now you are moved.
    It must be awful to have "the neighbour from hell" I've got to admit I've been pretty lucky with mine so can only imagine what you went through.
    As for your family....who knows??? Sorry that's not much help
    Love
    Hileena
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'm sorry you suffered so much and it is such a shame anti -social behaviour isn't stamped on more thoroughly. I get annoyed by the loud music that seems to flourish when the sun shines (always the same people who want to share their choice of music) but would hate it day in day out.

Hopefully you well start to feel better now you have moved. I'm glad one of your children helped you, better than none which would have been dreadful for you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mari50
    mari50 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you to all who replied. I now get woken up with the sound of curlews as I now live near the river. It is a lot better for me and the neighbours are ok. I shall feel better when I have got everything sorted but being able to relax is something else. Sheer bliss. I did not know it existed in the last 18 months. My son seems a lot happier now too as he informed me that he was concerned about me which is nice. The others don't warrent thinking about so I am carrying on with my life without them.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I hope you'll be very happy in your new home, mari50. The curlews sound rather lovely.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright