Confusion.

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 14. Jul 2013, 18:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Sorry I didn't post yesterday about my visit to the GP. I made myself look really silly by turning up on the wrong day!!! :shock: It's this coming Monday, not last Monday. This appointment has taken a long time to get as they are building a new bit on to the surgery and that means that several of the doctors rooms have had to be shut down.

Still in a fair amount of pain and can't walk far, but I don't suppose they will be able to do much. It's a bit depressing if I'm honest.

We are going away next Sunday to stay with my sister for a week, which will be nice as we haven't spent much time together recently, but I don't like the journey - 4 to 5 hours, depending on the traffic. We will keep stopping though.

My husband had an x-ray on a painful shoulder last week and the surgery rang to say that he's got arthritis and has to go in after our holiday and talk to the doctor!
Love Sue

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Sue I'm sorry. I'm sure that was the last thing either of you wanted to hear :( Hopefully ure husbands shoulder will settle down soon tho.

Don't beat ureself up about turning up for an appointment on the wrong day, I've done it more times than I care to mention :? We've got to laugh at ourselves ;)

I hope you enjoy ure time away, I think a change of scenery is just wot you need :) I'd suggest plenty of pain relief with plenty of stops to try n help.
    So is the holiday after ure Drs visit?? I think knowing the results will help you to relax.

Take care.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • woodbon
    Hello
    Thank you. At least he'll have a rest from the garden, which is big and although he loves it, its hard work and I can't do much to help now. I do pull up the odd weed, but often get told off for pulling up the new plants!!!

He has been in a lot of pain and has problems getting off to sleep as every position seems to make it worse. I hope they suggest physio or something, he had that for a whiplash injury a few years back and he said it worked after a while. We're a right pair now! :lol:

Love Suexxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Sue, My G.P's surgery is being extended and they have moved the entrance to a stupid place so you have to walk a long way to reception only to walk back on yourself to the G.P's rooms! Nightmare. I have done exactly the same as you gone to appointment a week early! I felt a right idiot as well as annoyed with making the effort to get there. I hope the appointment is helpful after all the effort you have made!
    And I hope you have a good break away at your sisters, you both need it!! Hope your OH can get some help with his shoulder, he sounds like he is really suffering poor man.
  • woodbon
    Well, I'm going to the doctors tomorrow and this is the right day this time!

I don't know if she will have heard from the hospital, but I expect she will have.

I'm feeling quite positive at the moment, and feel determind to get as fit as I can, without pushing myself too hard and going back down again. I know I will have bad days, but also good ones. I think if I can get as fit as possible that at least, might help me to cope better.

Well that's how I'm feeling at the moment, but I can't be sure thats how I'll feel tomorrow!!! I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow. I do hate this fibro fog that makes me forget things sometimes it can be frightening! :shock:
    Love Sue