Living with arthritis, families, meds, blood and alcohol

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 16. Jul 2013, 05:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
I knew, at 12.30am yesterday morning, that staying up for a final wee dram with son and daughter-in-law, before they left around 9.30am, was a bad idea on so many counts.

1. I was already shattered after four days of relentless family activities in the heatwave.
2. I had a rheumatology appointment yesterday and therefore a blood test. I do try to stay alcohol-free for blood tests :wink:
3. Yesterday was also my methotrexate day for which I also try to stay alcohol-free :(
4. Even at 12.30am I knew the likelihood was that 6yr old G would be up bright and early and on full throttle :roll:

It was 6.30am when his smiley little face walked into the bedroom. I could forgive the little fellow because the day before, when I offered to bowl to him in lieu of his beloved Grandad (Who, I suspect, was in hiding, exhausted) he looked horrified. “No, Grandma, because if you bowled at me you might want to take a diving catch and you could break your leg.”

I promise you, no fielder has ever gained as much pleasure from taking a spectacular diving catch as I have from just contemplating the possibility of my trying it and the thought that at least one small person considers me capable of having a crack at it :D

The appointment went well. I've lowered my meth yet again. Unusually for me, I took it in the evening so as to put some distance between that, the whisky and the blood test.

Today is the first day I've been able to give myself permission to be shattered. I am shattered :lol: My joints detest this heat. Plus, I'd slept on my back so I woke up with a headache. It's OK. No sympathy required. I've had a ball and will do it all again - but not just yet :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wondered where you had been hiding but as you have been having a whale of a time you are forgiven :wink: Yes it is great to have family to stay, it must have been extra nice with the wee fellow being there. Time for you now sit back put the feet up and have a well deserved dram to yourself :D hope lowering your meth goes well for you Sticky, as I said feet up do nothing build your strength up for the NEXT time :D ..................tc..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I thought you'd been unusually quiet and no wonder why. You've had your hands full but it sounds worth it, and especial congratulations on being able to drop the meth a level. I hope you will get the chance to rest over the week-end, I think we're in for another scorcher plus some thunderstorms. I don't like thunderstorms. :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Bless him! What a lovely little batter to think of you (and have such faith in your sense of game ).

Well done on lowering the meth, quite an achievement and I do hope there will be an equal increase in alcohol consumption to celebrate!xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you recover soon Sticky.This hot weather doesn't like me either.

Ah the water of life ! I love a wee dram but it doesn't like me makes me act silly.no reply needed.! Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    As if we would dare Mig :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I hate this weather!! Sounds like you had some serious fun Sticky! But alcohol & blood tests are a lethal mix I think let alone Meth as well!! You where lucky!!
    But having fun with little ones is priceless!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    mig wrote:
    I love a wee dram but it doesn't like me makes me act silly.no reply
    needed.! Mig

Spoil sport :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright