Latest RA apt

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 13. Jul 2013, 15:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi peeples, I went for my latest RA apt yesterday and all seems well except that I have a nagging ache (more like a toothache) on the inside of my 'new' hip, nearer the groin, in the soft bit, it gets worse when I walk any distance also a sharp stabbing pain on the inside of my knee joint so had to have ex-rays and MORE blood taken, I feel more like an over used pin cushion these days, anyway I have to see the surgeon that did my hip just to make sure it's not RA being sly and popping up where it's not wanted. But the best news is that I don't have to go back to the clinic for another year although I need to see the anti-tnf nurse in 6 months, over all I'm pretty pleased with the out come.

I truly don't know how I would manage without the Bio stuff....probably be on my knees or bed ridden

Take care every one ((((hugs)))) to you all
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh I can empathise with the 'toothache' feeling, it's all over my joints and it's miserable, isn't it? I hope the Xrays exclude RA and hopefully the surgeon will have an answer - maybe things need a little longer to 'bed in'? (I own up, I cannot remember how long ago you had the hip done.) Anyhoo, it is good news that you don't have to go back for a while and I hope that all stays as good as possible for you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • numptynora
    Options
    Thank you for your reply DD, it was done about five years ago, I think the 'tooth ache' is probably a ligament as that is what it was in my ankle I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's all it is, it's the knee that's more bothersome it catches at the most inopportune moment.
    Numps x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Right, well that does sound more likely and I hope it's nothing more. I know about knees too - mine are playing up at the moment and it's horrid. Why can't life be a little more straightforward every once in a while? Surely that's not too much to ask. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Yes I can relate to toothache in the joints. My hands are the worst for this but knees,wrists, ankles and elbows are all having a period of niggle too just now. If I sit down for anything over ten minutes I can hardly move - my hips both seem to lock and the pain in my thighs and groin can be very intense. I'm holidaying with my 84 year old mother in law just now and she has PMR and must else besides and absolutely does not concede that I have RA - she thinks hers is the real issue and refuses to travel in our car because it's too low for her. Admittedly she's much taller than me (not saying much :lol: ) but honestly I am hobbling to her firm gait and my hands are pathetic and swollen to her completely non-arthritic ones.

I think the current humidity levels might account for my hand swelling and toothache - might it account for yours in the hip I wonder?
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • numptynora
    Options
    I think the current humidity levels might account for my hand swelling and toothache - might it account for yours in the hip I wonder?[/quote]

You could be right there Mat, except it has been going on since last year, I thought I had just overdone the walking but it didn't abate. I think my friend just thinks I don't want to walk anywhere, she says exercise is good and I agree but surely not if it hurts like hell in the process.

I keep telling her I know my limits but that sounds to her as if I'm being lazy.
    Numps x
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Well your friend obviously doesn't have RA then! Trust your own instincts and if, like mine, they are a bit apt to waver indecisively then ask to be referred to a physio who will know better. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade