Knees.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 14. Jul 2013, 06:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Someone has apparently hidden a dead weight inside each of mine. They are not hot or swollen but they feel so heavy. I am struggling to get about and realise that it's self-inflicted (Sainsbury's this morning) but somehow knowing the cause doesn't help them feel better; OK, when I say 'them' I actually mean me. Je suis glum. :( DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear DD. Know the feeling well. I went out this morning for hair appointment. Feel better for having it done but oh dear my knee and back aren't of the same opinion!

Take care. Beryl
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Do you think this heat is playing havoc with your joints? Mine are more swollen and I get more sudden sharp pains than usual. Hope you both feel better soon.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    My hands, your knees and, no doubt, someone else's bumpsadaisy, DD. Yes, applerose, I do blame the hot weather, though 4 days with the family hasn't helped either.

DD, I hope you can manage a more leisurely weekend now that the shopping is done. Those knees need a bit of tlc.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    They're worse. :( I cannot bend or straighten them to any great degree and they flaming well hurt. Hey-ho, no matter. It is what it is and it will do what it will do, yes? We are planning to go to the Obese Tiger later to celebrate our wedding anniversary but, at the moment, I don't want to go. Yup, it's that bad. DD
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear that your knees are so bad, DD. Is it possible to postpone your anniversary celebration?

Look after yourself.

Meg
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,923
    Hello DD
    i'm I hope they calm down soon sorry your knee's are painfull I hope they calm down soon.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi DD
    Its not like you not to want to go to a celebration :wink:
    Hope they get easier....I do blame this weather for a lot of it....I feel dreadful

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    He was looking forward to going so off I plodded, with only one short stop on the way. He is now cheffing and I am resting with my knees properly supported with a pillow. I have also refused bubbles. :shock: Ye gods, Daisy, sort yourself out. Blasted bl**dy disease. It always knows when it's least welcome, doesn't it? DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    (((((((()))))))) Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry you're knees are so bad at the moment DD. I hop you can go out another time to celebrate. Happy anniversary to you both.
    Christine
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Happy anniversary! I'm suddenly suffering much more. I've also got knees like lead weights and my wrists are very painful. Must be the weather and we've got another week of it.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I do so love this weather but it does play havoc with the joints, I hope you manage to find some respite for your knees DD. Have you tried the gel pads? You keep them in the fridge so they stay cool till needed, I used to use them when I had migraines but find they help if the joints get angry.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,923
    Hello DD
    I hope they calm down soon.take care
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Once again I send my thanks to you all. I have just had a natter with a friend who has pointed out that it's more than likely to be the PsA that is causing the trouble and, on focusing on the knee pain, I think she's right. That 'heavyweight' feeling is reminiscent of how they used to feel but I was attributing it all to the OA. Silly me. There may well be a connection to the weather so it will be nice when this hot spell blows over and I can return to the more usual level of discomfort.

My gait is very odd at the moment - think Agnes Brown mixed with Dick Emery (as he tottered off on his high heels) and that is me to a T. :roll: My husband as asked if I would like to go into town and no, I wouldn't, Clatterator or no Clatterator. It's too hot, I'm too tired and it all hurts too much. Time for a cool drink in the garden, methinks. DD