Seen the Consultant

Options
Sharon2960
Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
edited 15. Jul 2013, 04:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Consultant doesn't want to see me now for 2 months; have to continue with the prednisolone, vit D. Then he wants to look at reducing dose of steroids and starting hydroxychloroquine. Also mentioned possible injections in my feet. Hasn't actually said whether its RA or another arthritis. In the meantime, the aches, pains and stiffness are still around, but certainly manageable as long as I think about what I'm doing. Anyone got any advice/comments/tips??? Is this all fairly normal procedure?

Comments

• Sharon2960
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Also, will I potentially have 'bad' days where things are much worse, or will how I feel sort of level out??
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    It all sounds pretty normal though it's a long, long time since my diagnosis. As for what to expect - expect the unexpected :) Seriously, it should be much better once the meds have it under control but there are no hard and fast rules, alas. We are all different. The rheumatologist might be happy with the disease control but that doesn't mean to say you'll have no pain. You might not but, for most of us, it boils down to finding acceptable levels of pain.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Sharon2960
    Options
    Thanks so much - pretty much what I was thinking after reading stuff on here! Think its gonna be a mixture of meds, making lifestyle adjustments as and when needed, and pacing myself - all sounds pretty straightforward in theory doesn't it!! But, I'm under no illusions!!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    That's the way to tackle it, Sharon :D Plus, coming on here whenever a natter is required :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright