Knee pain :(

Options
gemmarh100
gemmarh100 Member Posts: 73
edited 14. Jul 2013, 13:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all, I have been to see my Rheumy recently and we have decided to put me on Methotrexate...starting as soon as my GP gets the letter. I have RA.

My thoughts today are about my knees, predominantly my left knee....have started causing me horrific pain after any kind of walking, also just resting and at night they ache terribly :cry: . Is this all part of RA (as my knees have never been painful before??) Is it due to the heat? Or is it something else? :?:

Just hoping for opinions and some cheering up :) Gem X

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gemma, just to encourage you I was having lots of knee pain but since restarting methotrexate 3 months ago the knees are much better!!!! :D Hope it gives you some relief really quickly.

Deb x
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    gemmarh100 wrote:
    Hello all, I have been to see my Rheumy recently and we have decided to put me on Methotrexate...starting as soon as my GP gets the letter. I have RA.

My thoughts today are about my knees, predominantly my left knee....have started causing me horrific pain after any kind of walking, also just resting and at night they ache terribly :cry: . Is this all part of RA (as my knees have never been painful before??) Is it due to the heat? Or is it something else? :?:

Just hoping for opinions and some cheering up :) Gem X

I have no idea what is causing your knee pain, but what I do know is that you have taken the first steps and are about to start a medication to help control your condition, hopefully you will get a good response to the meth and be able to carry on with daily things without the pain!
  • Tubby
    Tubby Member Posts: 177
    Options
    I had a really bad knee flare up 3weeks ago -couldn't walk, drive...you know the the drill. Managed to get an emergency appointment with the consultant and he gave me a steroid injection into the joint. Miracle.....loving the new freedom, almost bouncing, even if it is short lived. Normally on methotrexate and Sulphasalazine but an infection (unrelated the knee) has stopped play so expecting a downturn soon. Still they say make hay while the sun shines so I am going for it. Moral of this story, ask for extra help if you need it as you may need some help before the methotrexate kicks in. Good luck :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Since I saw my Rhummey a few months ago and having been put on my new meds things have got some what better except for a few hick ups! Hope you feel some relief soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm in trouble with mine. I am sitting with my feet up and, when in bed, I sleep with a pillow under / between my knees and ankles. I have PsA and OA, my knees are shot to bits. I think the weather is the current culprit. Keep up with the dullers and don't overdo things. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I completely forgot to ask how things are today - I do apologise and I hope that things have eased for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • gemmarh100
    gemmarh100 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Horrible pain woke me up in my sleep (knee again and my little finger was stuck in a bent position and I couldn't unclick it :( But feeling a bit better today, thanx. Took a short walk and think movement helped a little :) Hope you are ok too xx