Useless things men but us

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 25. Jul 2013, 06:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
My oh many moons ago brought me a Percy Thrower book on gardening,he knew then as he knows now that I absolutely hate gardening,he's never made the same mistake again(I made his life hell)he now asks our daughter to ask me what I would like for birthday,Xmas and anniversary then he's chuffed to bits that he got me something I wanted.Bless him.Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Men and thoughtful gifts are not necessarily a match made in heaven. Mr DD got it crackingly right one Christmas when he gave me a pink DAB radio. At least Mr Mig has someone to consult. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Mine bought me a slendertone :x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Quote DD.

"Men and thoughtful gifts are not necessarily a match made in heaven."

I totally disagree DD I bought my wife a head torch so she could do the gardening at night seeming she's to busy in the day washing me smalls, cleaning the house and making me copious cups of T and all day, if she could only multitask she'd be able to get a few hours kip of a night!. :roll:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Mine bought me a ring once but never popped the question :( . And a thing to wee into and a BP monitor once but now plays safe and buys me charms for my bracelet!

He likes to buy me underwear and suspenders but not really any point nowadays as can barely get in and out of my pyjamas. :roll:

Having said that I've given up with the rest of his family. I now don't ask what they want and just buy something I hope they will like, but don't care if they don't, which is what they do for me.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Last Christmas we where arguing I bout the son an I phone the daughter an I pad, after all the shouting I went out and bought the wife an Iron
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi mig
    :lol: what a thin line we walk,we never get it right do we :?

good job we got lots of apple crumble and jammy dogers ! :wink:
    mellman01 think we :lol::wink: better take cover :lol: :roll: :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've just spotted your cracking reply, Mel - :lol::lol::lol: . I find Mr DD hard to buy for, well, actually, men generally. (And by men I mean the ones I know, which isn't that many. Shall I stop digging? :? ) Us girls can be fairly easily pleased with pretties, smellies or sparklies but blokes? How many socket sets can one man want? Especially if (like mine) he hasn't a clue what to use them for? Or socks, for that matter?

mike26, I think you are spot on. You may be damned if you do and damned if you don't. We're tricky creatures :wink: which is one of the reasons why we are so entrancing. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I think the problem is that men never really grow up. Inside most of us is the little boy still wanting to play with toys. When my Daughter was born 47 years ago for her first Christmas she was 9 months old I bought her a scale electric racing set. I thought it was a great idea but Mrs C made me return it to the shop. I still but boys toys for the grandkids but not everyone appreciates bows and arrows and guns. Mrs C loves painting but all those books on how to paint are still unread in the bookcase.
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE