Hate this heat! Strange lump on bottom of foot!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 26. Jul 2013, 05:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Peeps! Hope your all coping with this crazy heatwave!! Wasn't around on Friday because I had a really bad headache and upset tummy. It was bad on Friday night (not going to go into details!!). Woke up yesterday with awful tummy cramps so couldn't go to my Nieces Engagement party, I was gutted (Literally!! :lol: ).

I had my beautician over on Thursday and she gave me a pedicure and I pointed out this lump that was on the bottom of my left foot, I thought it was just hard skin and she started using a hard skin remover and I had to stop her because it hurt like hell. And she took another look at it and said it was soft under the little bit of hard skin and moved like it was full of fluid. Left us both baffled! Does anyone have any idea what it could be? It hurts when I put any weight on it.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We're not doctors, Bubba, so I think it best for you to go and see your GP about this lump. It could be a cyst but he's the one to tell you what's what. I hope you are feeling better after your rough day on Friday. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry...can't help with the foot.....but I do agree with you about the weather. :shock:
    I was ill yesterday and first thing this morning....4pm {nearly} and not bad now. I love the sun but just like to sit out for about 15mins at a time and that's enough.....Have heard it's due to go on until the end of the month :shock:

Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi. Am so glad I am not the only one complaining about this extreme heat. I love it warm and sunny but not as hot as this, it's sweltering down this way. The only time I can sit out in the garden is either early morning or later in the evening.

Keep cool everyone - if you can?!

Beryl
  • catt
    catt Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Sorry you are feeling poorly RA does seem to be worse in extremes of weather. You do need to see your Doc. about the lump under your foot. A possible cause could be inflammation of the joints of the little bones in the feet - feels like walking on pebbles. Made to measure insoles and shoes do help to minimise the discomfort. Of course you will not know what the cause is and possible remedy until you consult your Doc. Good luck
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi Bubba,Before I went on humira I had a lump on the pad of my left foot ,just along a little bit from the big toe joint,I was in the process of doing the das scores and my consultant did a scan on my feet ,it showed severe inflammation but the lump was just fluid and yes it was very painful ,it has all but disappeared now ,but I had to take steroids for a short while and the humira has helped as well.Mig
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying, catt yes it does feel like your walking on pebbles! Mig yes it's very painful!! I will go and see my G.P when my tummy decides it's had enough giving me a bashing!!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates this extreme heat! I don't like being the only one and looking like an old moan box!!
    Fingers crossed for a nice breeze to come along and cool the heat a little!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've just remembered that when my left knee began expanding I also had a lump under the ball of my right foot, just under the first and second toes. It would ease during the day but for the first hour or so it was like having a stone under the skin. I've no idea what happened to it, it just went over a period of time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Bubba

Hope you are feeling better today , Sorry i cannot help with the lump under your foot .

Karen xx
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Hi Bubba,

I hate the heat, too, so you're definitely not alone.

Hope that things are a little better for you today.

Meg
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Hi Bubba
    Hope you are managing to keep relatively cool. If you are, let me know your secret as I'm melting!
    I get this lump under my foot when they are swollen. When I was a stroppy teenager I had it for ages and it was like walking on a stone. My rheumy kept dismissing it. So after about a year I took a pebble in when I went to see him. When he tried to fob me off (again) I gave him the pebble and told him to put it in his shoe and when he is fed up of walking on it then let me know. I said that I bet he gives in before a day, let alone a year. He then relented and I was allowed a steroid inj into it.
    It still comes back when I'm bad and when I was rocking my son to sleep when he was a baby you could actually hear it clicking back and forth. Ick.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Bubba, I think I am going mad(well madder than usual :lol:) I know I replied to your thread but it has disappeared :?. I hope things have improved for you I am sorry the weather is getting hotter instead of cooler. Have you managed to get to the doc's yet? let us know how you go...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hi all thank you again for your reply's, no still got awful tummy cramps so still can't get to Dr's, been walking round bare foot hoping for the hard skin on top to wear off, so far no joy! At least it's a little cooler today!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi bubba
    Its a bit late, but I hope you can get to see your GP about that foot soon...I have only had the planter fasitis...sorry spelling thingy and that was so painful..but like you say this heat seems to double the pain ...
    there are so many tummy bugs going round at the min I always blame the water when it is hot.... :roll:
    Hope you get it sorted very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valde
    valde Member Posts: 271
    Options
    Good morning Bubba I was really interested in your foot problem. I had my first appointment with Rheumy at hospital a month ago. Although \i have a bent finger, lump on small finger ie painful hands he said after a gel scan there was no sign of Arthur ! but it was wear and tear and working on key board for my working life (I am 67). He then prescribes Naxopren (Arth tabs !) Anyway just as a precaution I thought I would show him my ankle as I, like you had a walnut size lump that seemed full of fluid. I had had it for a few weeks but it was not causing me any problems at all but I thought I should show it to him in case it was to do with Arthur. He was more interested in this than what I went for and said he would like to draw some fluid off. He said this involved putting a needle in and would be a little !!!! painful. Anyway he started to do this and when the needle went in it was not a problem but drawing this fluid was so painful I demanded he stopped or I would have passed out. He did not numb the area at all. Anyway went for Xrays and will get to know results 12 Aug next appointment. The are was sore and 2 days after swelled up and was feeling bruised. After 4 weeks it was swollen red very painful and hot. My GP has now given me a course or antibiotics and I am going back to gp on Monday. I don't yet know if the jelly lump was infected by the needle or if is an infected cyst. My GPs opinion was if the fleshy lump was not causing a problem he would have left it alone. As this has ruined my holiday with my grandchildren I am very upset with the Consultant. Shoes !!! real problem now because the soreness rides on top of the edge of my shoe. Sorry this was long winded but its better to get my moans out. All I can advice is that if they decide to drain I think they call it aspiration make sure you have the area frozen I certainly won't let them touch mine without freezing. Good luck and hope you are soon feeling OK and I feel for you because the pain is awful when it gets infeted. If anyone else has had this I would be pleased to get advice from you. Many thanks for reading this