Another trip to the vets

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 18. Jul 2013, 06:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi
My cute little moggy came sauntering in half an hour ago rather than her usual meowing saying hello I'm back from my adventure
Noticed a puncture mark on top of her foreleg not sure if its an insect bite or cat bite
Then she was sick so decided an appointment at the vets was required
So now bless her she's kept in and has her snazzy pro collar on looking sorry for herself and taken herself off to stay with my son in his bedroom
Appointment booked for 17.40
Must go find the cat basket in the garage
Maria

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    One of our cats used to get cat bites a lot, Maria and had to regularly have antibiotics. I always knew something was wrong when he went off his food.

It's great fun trying to put them in the basket and trying to give them tablets, isn't it?

Unfortunately, we live on a main road and we've lost quite a few to traffic, so have been catless for many years. I really miss them.

Hope your little cat is soon feeling better.
  • maria09
    Thank you
    She's really good at going in the cat basket our previous two cats were a nightmare and we had to start getting them in an hour before we left
    Luckily Ivy's quiet wher we live but there's lots of woodland around us so she disappears for hours and comes back with all sorts of foliage on her so could get bitten by goodness knows from what
    She's not a happy bunny she's sat on my dressing gown on the settee sulking as I won't let her out
    Maria
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hi Maria. Hope your puss gets on ok at vets. It's horrible when pets are ill, isn't it? Let us know how you both get on? Beryl
  • maria09
    Well it was a cat bite the vet found the other matching puncture wound
    So gave her antibiotic cover advised to keep in for a couple of days and bathe wound with salt water
    Then back to the vets in two weeks but if ok can cancel appointment
    I'm £45 lighter too can't claim on insurance as there's a £50 excess Grrr
    Saying that she's worth it
    Maria
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Aww, maria, bless her ickle paws, I hope she'll be okay soon.

My little Lilly is still not properly well, and to make it worse Khuo seems to bait her into a fight but she's so small...almost half his size...she would never win but she gets so stressed when he's around and yet sometimes I find them cuddled up together on the bed
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Poor Ivy, hope it heals quickly for her! Vets bills are scandalous! But when it comes to our babies we will happily pay up!!
    My late bubbadog hated cat carriers and fought tooth and nail not to go in one! I remember once when my late Dad was going to take him to the vets with me and it took over half an hour for Dad to catch Beauty and get him in the basket. When we got to the vets and was at reception the nurse looked at Dad in horror and said 'excuse do you know your chest is bleeding?' I couldn't believe it his white shirt had claret blood stain on it! It looked like he had been stabbed!! The kind nurse took him into a room and patched him up! But that was one thing about Bubbadog he left his mark on you!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Poor puss :(

Good that she is ok and it's not too serious - you did the right thing Maria

Get well soon Ivy :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • maria09
    Alls well
    Wound healing nicely so I've let her out she's been meowing for two days
    Doesn't help as she doesn't like using cat lit tray she makes such a mess the little tyke
    Maria