Third hip op

Ryedaledigger
Ryedaledigger Member Posts: 24
edited 16. Jul 2013, 05:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well finally going in to get my crappy metal on metal hip implant out, 26th July, finally I am well to have the operation. Had problem getting to have a full anaesthetic as they wanted to do a spinal but with the state of my spine no way. I now have a new surgeon which I have full confidence that he will keep me right, the other one, I will call him wally, is still doing surgery even though the hospital has had lots of complaints about him. They sent him on a long holiday but now he is back, god help any one who gets him. I had the other "crappy" hip done 2 years ago and I am still in pain. Depuy and Nice have a lot to answer for, the court case is still waiting to be sent to court. Over 35.000 people in the UK are having this problem. I am lobbying for the NHS to give people that need a new hip a informed choice in what type of ASR implants they can have and to include how long they have been available.
Any who will let you all know how it went. TTFN

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, long time no hear, it's good to see your name again. :) I am so pleased that you have a date and I hope that your new chappie does a good job for you. It is good news that you are now well enough to have the op done, I remember that you have been struggling with things so that is a positive step and let's hope it heralds many more. Good luck on the 26th and I hope all goes well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good luck with the new hip, Ryedaledigger. I hope it makes things much better for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Good Luck with the new hip.....Hope its successful.
    I had a spinal block for my THR and I have kyphoscoliosis....they stood behind me saying "I cant find the correct place" Didn't inspire confidence :shock:
    They have said when ??????? I get the 2nd one done should still have the spinal block but point out to everyone the problems I had before. Especially at the pre assess. Still not sure. I'm usually very ill after I've had a general.

Love
    Hileena