Let's hear it for the NHS

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
edited 18. Jul 2013, 10:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
In my case, this morning, for an alert radiologist.

I went for a DXA scan fully prepared to mention my THRs and TKRs whether asked or not. What had completely escaped my attention, however, were the minute metal rings surrounding the eyelets of my blouse's tiny buttons. I'd no idea they were there.

If she hadn't been on the ball I could have emerged with a very interesting tattoo down my breastbone :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Crikey, that could have been an interesting outcome, Sticky, I am glad she spotted that. I must admit that wouldn't have crossed what passes for my mind, with the MRIs and Xrays you are 'gowned up' but not for a DXA.

I wonder what the tattoo would have looked like? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That is on the ball. Impressive! It's good to hear the good news bits of treatment rather than just the things that go wrong so thank you for that!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    When I had my DEXA scan I was told their policy was 'get undressed and put on a hospital gown' to avoid any problems with materials etc.- not quite what the information leaflets would have you believe showing pictures of smiling women in their own clothes. Mind you at least the gown was 'fit for purpose', unlike when I had my knee and ankle joints Xrayed.The gown I was given then seemed to have lost all its fastenings and was on the small side(I am 5'2" and 8 stone so don't normally have problems...)Fortunately there was an old-timer there who said 'take another one and put it over the top the opposite way round to cover the gaps at the back and then you can hold the front closed'
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Nice to see such a 'positive' post Sticky and glad that all went well for you :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wow that was a close shave!! And for someone to be alert so early in the morning!!
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    OOOH Stickey

that could have been nasty , Glad that person was alert .

karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    So, yesterday I had to go for a breast screening. I pitched up an hour early to ensure I could get a parking space (my appointment time was bang on the beginning of visiting hours and circling the car park for no spaces is a waste of time) so, when I walked in, I said I was early and would happily wait until the right time. They said that was fine then they called me in after fifteen minutes.

In all departments there's a notice saying that if you turn up early you won't be seen out of turn; whether someone failed to turn up for her appointment or not I don't know but I was very appreciative. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    SW she was on the ball....when you think the amount of people they see...it could have been a tattoo or buttons flying everywhere.... :shock:
    Love
    Barbara