osteo arthritis in my neck

Options
dottie45
dottie45 Member Posts: 9
edited 20. Jul 2013, 12:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi can anyone help I have just been I have oa in my neck and keep feeling dizzy and losing the use of my left arm and hand and sometimes in my right hand :D

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Dottie :)

I have a bit of OA in my neck too and it is vile isnt it?? :(

I get numb skin on my neck/chest and shoulder and pins and needles in my fingers so not as bad as you, but the pain when it 'goes' is awful so you have my sympathy :( .

You might want to pop this thread over onto the living with arthritis forum because you might get more response over there.

Nice to meet you :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Hello dottie. It's good to meet you but not so good about the OA. I'm wondering if the doctor who diagnosed you was aware of the dizziness and the fact that you sometimes lose the use of your arm and hands. Arthritis in the neck is one thing but that is an added extra. Have you been referred to a consultant and / or for an x-ray?

You'll get more replies if you re-post on the Living With Arthritis forum. This one is where we chat about other things :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Dottie

Pleased to meet you, you will find this a great forum full of caring, sympathetic, knowledgeable people. It is not all doom and gloom we do get many a laugh there are a few who shall remain nameless that love to pull your leg, they know who they are :lol: like the others have said post on LWA and being the weekend it is usually a wee bit quieter. I myself have OA but not in my neck(yet).
    Dizziness and losing the use of your hands is not good, I think you need to get back to your Doc for more investigation, nice to have met you hope to see you around...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi, I have cervical spondylosis amongst other things and suffer from the symptoms you describe. In my case a nerve is trapped. I use painkillers and exercises given by the physio to help. I was also given acupuncture which aided the pain and my loss of movement.

I agree with the others, speak to your gp to get things checked out, lots of further options are available to you.
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Hello Dottie,

A warm welocme to the forum from me :)

I have OA in my neck and suffer from similar symptoms. I've found that a good physiotherapist with an understanding of cervicogenic dizziness, to be really helpful. My consultant also gave me some tai chi exercises which have helped.
    In the past I've also received acupuncture, which helped loosen things up. Some people also find a 'tens machine' helpful. Anyway, I hope you get the help you deserve :)

Catie
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hello Dottie;

Just going to chime in with the others and welcome you. I don't have OA but have arthritis in my neck from PsA. I really feel dizzy with numbness down my arms when it's flared up. Horrible isn't it? I wish there was an easy solution, hang in there.

Anna