Fustrated!

2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Fulton, we're all told to go here and go there and see people; what we need to do when we do is ask questions about our conditions so we discover answers. If you don't ask you won't be told. I too take an anti-inflammatory when needed even though I have very low inflammatory markers. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    That's a good point but I think the inflammation that the rheumatologist would be checking for is different from the inflammation for which you are taking anti-inflammatories. People with OA (osteoarthritis) do often take anti-inflammatories and you know that you have OA.

I'd guess that the rheumatologist was checking your bloods for the kind of inflammation that comes from an auto-immune kind of arthritis. You say no inflammation was found so, hopefully, you don't have that. However, you do still have OA and always will.

The rheumatologist is being very thorough and seeing you again after your physio. That's good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    fulton Member Posts: 88
    Thanks for the messages, I appreciate them.
  • stickywicket
    You're welcome :D We're all in the same boat so we help each other.
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    Results came in as I'm HLA-B27 positive, with no signs of inflammation. And X-rays were clear apart from mild wear and tear. I will say wear and tear bloody hurts.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have 'wear and tear' (i.e. osteoarthritis) at varying levels thanks to joint damage caused by my auto-immune arthritis, and yes, it hurts. :( I have 'mild' OA in my hips but the pain belies it, plus severe degeneration in my knees (well I know that! :wink: ) and my ankles are growing extra bone to try and help themselves (but it isn't helping :lol: ). I know you're not interested in me but I can assure you that you are not alone in experiencing this, and it is flaming miserable. What kind of pain relief are you taking? Do you find that heat helps your painful joints? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fulton
    Sadly the only pain relief I've had that worked was steroid injections in my meet, the drugs just made me light headed and spaced out but still in pain.
  • TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    fulton wrote:
    I've had my results from the Rheumatologist, every thing is clear and I have no inflammatory in my blood. So this confusing me as I'm still getting pain in my feet, back, hands and neck.
    I am the same but they said I had RA now its OA also and Fibromyalgia even my Gp isn't sure :lol:
  • fulton
    Very frustrating isn't it.
  • fulton
    Had a guided injection yesterday, was informed I'm gonna have a lot of problems in the future. Oh well I will enjoy it while I can! :D
  • stickywicket
    I hope the guided injection helps. It won't last forever but every little helps, as they say :) Make the most of it while it lasts.
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    Doctor found something else in my foot with the scan don't know what