Toilet Seats

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 12. Aug 2013, 08:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why oh why don't the *standard* ones fit, I thought standard meant fits any/most.
I've been struggling with mine for some time now, the last straw was yesterday when it slipped off the feet that rest on the toilet bowl, it's happened many times before but is usually corrected when the fittings are tightened at the back but I'd had enough by then not knowing when I was going to fling my leg in the air (I'm sure you get the picture) so, off I went to get another one, the cheapest I could find because I've spent so much on toilet seats up till now anyway, I brought it home and set to, it was a doddle, so easy but the best thing is it doesn't have feet that rest on the bowl, it's just a groove so can't slip off. Any way I felt so pleased with myself I decided to fix my towel rail onto the door so off I went and got the drill and all the bits and pieces and managed to drill right through the door!!

On a good note though, at least the towel rail and the loo seat are firmly fixed.
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: I know that feeling. Nice jolt to the neck, back and hips, isn't it? I thought I was training for a synchro swimming move, or bathroom-ballet perhaps?

Way to go replacing the seat and securing towel rail. Acomplishment :D

My seat gives me a pinch and a jolt to the side all the time :shock: :idea: :oops: . You have inspired me to try to replace it.

How about this: I lived for 10+ years in a house set up for a disabled person; raised toilet, hand rails, everything. Moved out and 6 months later started becoming disabled myself :lol::lol::lol: Boy, do I miss all the features of the last place that I took for granted.

xxAnna
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Numpty I know the feeling..just had my first hip replaced so they delivered 2 raised seat and a frame..we put one raised seat on our spare toilet has we call it...so off I trot to try it before my THR and it flew off from under me... :shock: thanks goodness it was before...
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Options
    lol lol you two made me laugh....bathroom ballet Boomer nice way to put it and Barbara yes thank goodness it was before....but what a shock!! lol
    Numps x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Numpty
    we have a commode chair that fits over the toilet and you can take it in the shower.
    sue is in a wheelchair.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is very common to find the toilet situated in the corner of the bathroom - why? This normally means that us ladies approach it from a slightly sideways angle which pushes the seat to one side. Yes, it is awkward to line oneself up straight in front before commencing 'the drop' but that may be an answer to prevent this from happening again. Anyhoo, congratulations on the DIY! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Took me 3 different seats before I found one that would stay put. Thought it was just me, Wonder why they make them like that. Bet they're having a good laugh at us. Well done on getting the seat and towel rail fixed in place.
    Christine
  • numptynora
    Options
    Oh its just sheer joy, just to sit on something that isn't going to move like a toboggan!!
    Numps x
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    The plastic fittings you get with a new seat are a very cheap and useless few nuts.
    I always get some metal fittings from B&Q and it never moves an inch.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I remember Lindalegs started a thread about how she had to keep replacing toilets seats because they kept breaking and found it was quite common with AC members !

Mine slide to the side on a regular basis but the current one is holding out well. Like you it has no little 'feet' parts. We bought it from c*stc* so a bit hit and miss with their stock. We must have just struck lucky.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • numptynora
    Options
    I got this one from B&Q dirt cheap and does the job perfectly, it's a pleasure to sit on the throne now
    Numps x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I had no idea what a common problem this was :lol::lol:

I'm going to have mine replaced this week, no 'feet' and with metal bolts, ron, thanks for that tip :D

I love the toboggan :shock: analogy numpty! I won't miss the daily jolt to my neck, etc. Why do we put up with these things? :idea:
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    So its not only cars that women can't reverse!!!! :mrgreen: