how to cope with pain!!!

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 24. Aug 2013, 07:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
My poor grandson was at work on Friday doing what he normally does (he's a car tech') he got the car on the lift, pressed the button to take it up so that he could get underneath and suddenly the lift slipped down and took the top of his index finger with it down to the first joint. I have to admit that when my son told me I felt so sick, then I saw the picture he put on FB and I felt even more sick.

He's now calling himself Stumpy!!!
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    How awful but just glad he wasn't underneath at the time!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Ouch Numps
    but as Elizabeth said good job he was not underneath it that would not he been good at all.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Numps that is awful..poor lad must have been in shock..it could have been so much worse bless him...and some hugs for mum (((()))xx we do the worrying.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Options
    thanks everyone...he seems quite cheerful now and has bought himself a get well present!!!
    Numps x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Gosh Numps :shock:

I hope he feels better soon.

Cars are dangerous and heavy aren't they? :?

love

Tni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My OH had an accident at work years ago, I remember taking the call at work that they had rushed him to hospital and he had his finger chopped off by a circular saw! I remember getting to the hospital and when the doctor took the bandages off his hand to look at it the top of his finger started squirting blood like a fountain! He had lost nearly half of his left hand index finger and his finger is a stub as well like your grandsons!
  • numptynora
    Options
    Eww Bubba, that sounds awful, Connor came round yesterday to see me after just having the bandage off, he said it feels as if some thing should be there but isn't, he's back to training now and getting a bit bored, the worst thing is, his boss is saying it was his fault, and he didn't know how to load the car properly, I'm so angry about that because IF that was the case he should have been there to supervise....it's a good job I'm not his mother.......I'm sure his solicitor will earn his fee though!!
    Numps x