Cornettos.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Aug 2013, 04:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
I bought some today as a summery treat for me and 'im indoors. I can't believe how small they are - I am sure that when they first came out they were at least a third bigger, if not more. What a rip-off, the hidden inflation of these kinds of things is very annoying - pay the same price but receive less in quantity. I won't be buying any more. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Did you buy 'brand name' DD? If so you might want to try own brand before you give up completely. I have had nice ones from L**l and M**etc*ns, and obviously much cheaper(especially when on offer!). They are definitely a rare treat for me though as I have problems with wheat so tend to go for the choc ices instead and get the cones if I am expecting visitors to reduce temptation.
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I buy te**o own brand for my hubby ; still smaller but much less pennies to spend .
    Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Yup, they were Walls but on offer - four for 99p. It's the tail end of my financial food shopping month (with one week to go before the funds are replaced) and things are somewhat tight. :wink: I have noted your wise words ladies, we don't often have ice cream but if the urge strikes again I will go for the own-brand: they're probably made by Walls anyway.

A friend of my mum's used to work at a Guiness bottling plant. He witnessed the labels being changed from the G word to the T word or the S word but the contents were the same. Food for thought, no? Or in this case drink for thought. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou for this DD..OH and I had an argument over cornettos.. I remember when they first came out...we were on holiday in Wales and what a treat they were....but yes they have shrunk..and now I can show this to my OH... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Have you seen the size of wagon wheels too :shock:

:roll:

Everything has shrunkended :(
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Other shrinkened things include Mars bars, creme eggs, club biscuits - in fact, any biscuity-chocolatey-cakey-icecreamy thing one cares to mention. It's disguised inflation, no more, no less. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Mind you DD it's a lot easier to eat a creme egg whole now it's shrunkended :?
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    WHOLE? :shock: Put the vid on Utube, perleeese! :lol: DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My OH is a carpenter and makes those old fashioned carts for this big company in London who use them for selling ice creams in town centres across the country and as a thank you tip his company get 500 named brand ice creams for every couple of carts they make!! But the bosses of the company my OH's company sub-contracts for( hope you understand very complicated!) are greedy B******s and have nicked half the ice creams for themselves and he has only managed to bring home 20 so far!!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    WHOLE? :shock: Put the vid on Utube, perleeese! :lol: DD

Of course whole :wink:

Amanda - they be very cheeky 'creaming off' the best of the ice-cream for themselves :x I would be indignant!!

(BTW - those carts are lovely)

love

Toni xx
  • johnsouthwales
    johnsouthwales Member Posts: 58
    Options
    the ones from iceland aren't bad at all, cheaper than tesco and get more for £1 a pack of 6
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    My hubby's latest favourite are nobbly bobblys ( not a euphimism ) .
    Jillyb
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    If you are looking for ice cream bargains T*sc* had a glitch the other day-'6 magnums or 16 Fabs for 62p, with rumours that cornetto's, Mars and Smarties ice cream are also going for less'. I'm sure they've now rectified this glitch but lucky those who were able to purchase such delights at a knock down price!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    remember when marsbars were thrup pence ....you could bite off the chocolate all the way leaveing the fudgy bit intact ... kit katts well you can see the biscuit through the chocolate now.........DD think you might be after a 99... BIG BLOB OF ice cream huge dollop of yummy cream finnished of with a big C .........ys FLAKE ..............oh and maybe a bit of juice x