I'm still chuckling

Options
Susiesoo
Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
edited 8. Aug 2013, 15:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yesterday I was shopping with my granddaughter of 2 years 9 months. Strolling through B.S to homeware, I was looking at clothing enroute. This tiny tot next to me suddenly said, in a very loud voice, "Grandma, let's get out of this shop. It's for old ladies"!!! Oh did I laugh! At 56 I quickly made my way to the cushions.

I suspect there's a bit of her mother coming out there. I am still chuckling. I have her three days a week and she is wonderful therapy. Each day I wonder which "new" words she will come out with. Yesterday's was "competition".

Must go ....... need to get ready for today's adventure.

Susie :lol:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, they do come out with some gems, don't they? Bless her, that has made me smile too. The way they pick up new words is wonderful - competition is a biggie! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    She's got a point there Susie :wink:

:lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Susie that made me laugh...like you say what a tonic they are...at least she is keeping you on the straight and narrow when it comes to clothes...bless her... :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    What will she be like when she's 12?! She was right though! Except that I bought her some pyjamas in there.

Barbara, I wish my clothes were straight and narrow! :lol:

So far today we have had "mountain". I didn't know she knew that one.

She's having a nap so I've got my feet up. Phew.

Susie :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Susiesoo wrote:
    What will she be like when she's 12?! She was right though! Except that I bought her some pyjamas in there.

Barbara, I wish my clothes were straight and narrow! :lol:

So far today we have had "mountain". I didn't know she knew that one.

She's having a nap so I've got my feet up. Phew.

I love it....wish mine where has well... :lol: my middle GD was 4 when she met the mayoress..and was suppose to say please to meet you your lady ship......but she put a t on the end in place of the p....you can imagine the uproar... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: aren't they just wonderful? I've only got her for a few more weeks as a second baby is due end of September. It will be all change again and how I am going to miss her. I will still see plenty of her, but not in the same way. I know how lucky I am, though, and a new baby will be wonderful.

• Susiesoo
    Options
    The little one has been at it again. Some of today's contributions have been: "Grandma, you get everything wrong, you are so annoying".

Cramming dolls into a small pram and then saying "I need my credit card for today's adventure".

During our supermarket jaunt she suddenly said "I will get my bread from China. It sprinkles down out of trees" !!!!! What??

"My friend Lily didn't play properly yesterday. She was a grumpy-bum".

Oh dear. I could go on, but I realise this is probably boring to others. I will stop now, but I am going to start a daily journal. Will try and find the book I used to use for her mother's poems when she was 6or 7.

(I still can't believe what she comes out with! :lol::lol: )

Sysie