A Country Solicitors Office.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 10. Aug 2013, 06:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Today was the day I had to sally forth in Daisy to a new place in order to see my solicitor / lawyer/ friend called Steve because he is dealing with my Mum's estate. I pitched up in a town just over the border about 15 minutes before my appointment time. I found the office, an old building in the town centre, probably dating from the late 1700s. I sat and waited in a lovely reception area, light, sunny, beautiful cornicing, nice mag to read and listened to some cockerels crowing. Yup, cockerels. In a town.

I Clattered into Steve's office and we started going through the very serious stuff of forms, figures, swearing oaths etc when he looked up and grinned. :) Not at me. :( He pointed to the window behind me so I turned and there they were, two cockerels, one a Bantam (tiny) and one a proper brown-ginger-and-red larger effort, looking in through one of his windows. Apparently these birds (four altogether, two of each) have adopted the Solicitors' office as their home, they are fed by all and sundry and they revel in all the attention they are given.

I could have had this meeting in a dreary office in Ipswich town centre but I am glad I didn't, these birds were pretty, cheerful, and a lovely distraction from sorting out the inheritance tax (they crowed all the way through the meeting). Steve also arranged for another solicitor chappie to trot round to the office so I didn't have to do any more walking which I thought was very kind of him. The drive there was hurty but I was accompanied by some 'banging tunes' (to quote Mr DD), namely Rudimental. The way home was accompanied by Mr F's homemade CD entitled 'The Cocktail Hour', not so 'banging' but perfect for tootling through the Suffolk countryside. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds delightful DD. From cockerel hour to cocktail hour, my kind of trip.

I love chickens; very humourous creatures. Except around 4 am here when they start crowing. It's a little early.

anna
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I like chickens too especially with sage and onion stuffing .Sorry couldn't resist .Mig
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    DD

That sounded like a lovely appointment. Brought back my Suffolk Countryside memories and for a moment I was transported back there.

No chickens in my memories, but I am glad they made the process entertaining!!

(and another job done well-done!)

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, the chickens have sent me a letter. :wink: The request for payment of the first instalment of inheritance tax from mum's legacy has been made, once that is received and acknowledged by the grateful government I can put the house on the market. Probate should be granted within the next two months. Gulp. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    mig wrote:
    I like chickens too especially with sage and onion stuffing .Sorry couldn't resist .Mig

You took the words right out of my mouth Mig :roll: :lol::lol:

Well done DD ((()))
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.