I left my iron switched for 2 days!!!!

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 8. Aug 2013, 02:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was sitting in the spare room endeavouring to fasten a button on my top when the iron clicked?????? I looked at it quizzically thinking it only clicks when it’s switched on and then it dawned on me that I’d not only left it on but it had been on for 2 whole days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shock1_zpsae6797b5.jpeg

I realised when happened it as I’d gone upstairs two days previously to iron some cotton trousers, switched the iron on and looked through the ironing pile only to find I’d already done them and put them away. I went into our bedroom took the trousers out of the drawer, put them on and went downstairs.

I am thankful the house didn’t burn down and am now saving up all my spare money for the electricity bill! :shock: :shock:

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Luv,
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh my god I have not been on here for ages,I've been in an horrible place, Just logged on to see this, legs That was really lucky that there was no fire, it's frightening isn't it :shock: you know I've forgot and left things on but TWO DAYS :shock: oh my god, so glad you are ok :wink:
    Sue x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think it's called a safety cut-out setting Yours works although I can think of better ways of testing it. :wink: DD

PS Don't try it again, OK? Your grandchild needs you. (Where's the moustached emoticon?)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    Options
    queenfan wrote:
    Oh my god I have not been on here for ages,I've been in an horrible place, Just logged on to see this, legs That was really lucky that there was no fire, it's frightening isn't it :shock: you know I've forgot and left things on but TWO DAYS :shock: oh my god, so glad you are ok :wink:
    Sue x

Hi Sue,

Good to see you. :D

Hope you're climbing out of your horrible place and are feeling more like your old self again.

I blame the hot weather because if it was winter I'd have felt the heat from the iron. I'm just glad I sat on the bed and was struggling to fasten the button otherwise it might have been another day or more before I realised :shock: :shock:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I think it's called a safety cut-out setting Yours works although I can think of better ways of testing it. :wink: DD

PS Don't try it again, OK? Your grandchild needs you. (Where's the moustached emoticon?)

Hi Dreamsdaisy,

My iron was definitely warm/hot so I'm not sure whether it has a safety cut out on it. :? I shall try not to test it again :wink:

(Was there ever a moustached smilie???)

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    :shock:

Glad you are still here Legs :D

I cannae remember a 'tached person either, but here's one anyway

a075.gif

Sue - good to see you and hope you are feeling way better

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I was needing a Kitchener-type smilie to go with the 'grandchildren' parody quote, that's all. Yup, the iron will be warm / hot to the touch because it switches itself 'off' after a period of time, then cuts in again when the temp is too low. I don't think it switches the iron off per se, it just controls the temp. DD

PS How's things with you apart from the iron?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Linda I have been thinking about you, how are you doing...not been around for a while...then this... :shock: thanks goodness it wasn't any worse...and you are not on your own ......I leave the iron on....dont put powder in the washer, leave the oven on when I have taken things out....and it goes on....xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I'll bet you think about your iron every time you leave the house for about 2 years now! We all do things like that. I'm one who locks her car and then checks it's locked at least twice. And checks the back door is locked ... twice. Not quite OCD, but ............ :roll:

Susie
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    You can blame it on Arther!! It makes you forgetful!! I've left my straighteners on all day once, lucky I didn't burn the house down!! But it does freak you the hell out! Hope your calmer today. :oops:
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Hi Legs & Toni I'm getting there, Its good to pop back in to see you all there's a lot going on with me at the moment but its the same for everyone isn't it, I hope you are both & families keeping reassembly well,
    Sue :wink::wink:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad you're ok. It scares the life out of me thinking I might do something like that. I have left the oven on overnight a few times. I take the food out, leaving the oven on till I make sure the food is cooked, then forget to switch off.
    Christine
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I already worry about if I've turned the gas/water off when I go out so will add the iron to my list of worries.

Glad it didn't cause any damage.

I hope Jack Spratt had a lovely 1st birthday :D

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    Options
    I'll try and reply to you all now....

Yes, I am still here Toni ............well my bod is I'm not so sure about my mind though :wink:

Thanks for asking Dreamdaisy I am well, still a crip but that's just me :lol::lol: Life is good :D

Hi Barbara, thanks for thinking about me :D I am just so busy and sadly haven't a lot of time to forum-focus ......but maybe I'll partake more when I have some free time. (Grandchildren do tend to come first, as you would know :D ......how is little Niamh?) I never leave things on/in/out it is so unusual for me :shock:

Hi Susie, you're right I intend to Mrs. Vigilant from now on! (You're like Mr Legs .....checking that you've checked that you've checked ad infinitum :lol: )

Bubba you're lucky to be here too. :shock: How was your electricity bill after leaving your tongs on?

Thanks Sue all the Legs' are doing well :D:D

Elizabeth it's good to see you :D (I saw you;d mentioned my thread about toilet seats on the new toilet seat thread ............it just shows that we all have the same problems :roll: :D ..............and that I'm not forgotten :lol::lol:) Jack Spratt's birthday was lovely except NannaLegs forgot to buy any icing sugar for his chocolate cake so he could be mentally scarred for life :shock: :shock: :lol:

Here's a little picture of the birthday boy.

ba257bc2-c684-4f8b-baa5-00702b54edb6_zps786d4736.jpg

Lots of love to you all,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Awwww!!!!!!!!!!

Legs he is gorgeous!!!

Your heart must swell just looking at him :D

(Sue QF - well you take care and keep posting!!)

Love

Toni xxx