Google - Nexus 7 tablet

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 12. Aug 2013, 10:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Anyone got one. I tried my brother in laws Nexus 7, and I've got to say, I was very, very impressed with it. Half the price of an I Pad, just as quick, and the screen is fab.
Although the screen is only 7" it fits into your hands brilliantly, especially if you have arthritis in them like myself.
After a tablet, this is the one to have, and at around £150 it's a steal at that price. I'm gonna get one. Alanthemanc

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good for you mate, if you tried it and liked it then why not? I'm lusting after a Samsnug Galaxy tablet (got a Galaxy phone which I like) but first I'm going to upgrade my rollater to a model that has the brake cables in the frame (I am tired of getting tangled up with shop displays) then my Kindle to a paperwhite so I can read it in bed without disturbing 'im-next-to-me. Oh to win the Lottery. :roll: DD

PS. How's Carlos?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PaulO
    PaulO Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi I have the Nexus 7 and Love it,

Great bit of kit and easy to use.
    See this Link of the New Nexus 7 Due for release August 28th, would be worth waiting a little while.

http://bit.ly/14rMmbI

Paul
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, hello stranger! How's things? I just posted on your other thread. My husband has a works-issued iPad, he doesn't like it very much. DD
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    D.D.
    Not bad, hope your ok...... really like the Nexus 7. Apple although great build quality, rips people off too much for my liking.
    P.S. Carlos is fine..... is it really 3 years since.... wow time goes quick these days. Alanthemanc
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Three years? :shock: How the flaming Norah did that happen? :? You know what that means, mate, we're getting old. :( DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Alan I find all the app** products over priced...I haven't had a go of the Nexsus..I like the samsu** one but even that is expensive...its good that you have been able to have a go before you buy..
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    I've got the Samsung Galaxy tablet, I got it at the same time I upgraded my phone, also a Samsung 3 mini and I love them both, the tablet stays upstairs so that I can use it when I go to bed. I like to have a game of spider solitaire before I turn the light out.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Good for you mate, if you tried it and liked it then why not? I'm lusting after a Samsnug Galaxy tablet (got a Galaxy phone which I like) but first I'm going to upgrade my rollater to a model that has the brake cables in the frame (I am tired of getting tangled up with shop displays) then my Kindle to a paperwhite so I can read it in bed without disturbing 'im-next-to-me. Oh to win the Lottery. :roll: DD

PS. How's Carlos?

My OH purchased a Galaxy Tab 3 yesterday and is very impressed!! It's now joined the family of Samsung products we have including both of us having Samsung Galaxy 3 phones!! He told me to tell you to defo get it you won't be disappointed!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Highly praised on all the forums I've read and considered very good value for money.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    My son has the Nexus and loves it. I have the Samsung Galaxy tablet, as has my other son, and we both love that.

DD - I have a kindle and now have it on my Samsung Galaxy tablet too so I don't think you need to get the paperwhite kindle for in bed if you do plan on getting the tablet. Gosh, I am so tired I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but I hope you can make out what I am trying to say.

Susie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That makes perfect sense to me, Susisoo, and thank you, I shall bear that in mind. DD