Cut off age ?

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 14. Aug 2013, 09:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Watching the athletics started to wonder at what age should men stop wearing Lycra ! Should it depend on age or should it be on the fitness of the body.I think if they're fit up to forty then its ok after forty well you can't hold back time something's got to give. Mig
Ps
Up early going out to breakfast with family and my mind started to wander.

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Weird that when Mig's mind wanders it's about men in lycra !
    Jillyb
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Mig and do try not to look.... :shock: I wish they would wear something to hide there bits... :oops: :lol: you enjoy being with your family :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Might be more of a case of what age we start wearing looser fitting shreddies! :mrgreen::o:o
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    jillyb1 wrote:
    Weird that when Mig's mind wanders it's about men in lycra !
    Jillyb

:lol::lol::lol: Nice one, jillyb :wink:

Mig, I don't know when the cut-off age should be but I still haven't forgiven the bloke I was lusting after for about a mile before we all stopped at traffic lights and I realised he was about as old as Mr SW. OK, so Mr SW wouldn't have got into the lycra in a month of Sundays (thank God) but that's not the point.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I love watching athletics but when the men's running comes on it's like being hypnotised with their bits going side to side!! The most 'oh no!' thing I've seen with men in Lycra was when the Olympic's was on, and the British male team won the Gold and they got interviewed. I didn't know where to look!! Let's just say I think they where very happy!! :shock:
  • mig
    I remember that well Bubba they were ecstatic weren't they. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    mig wrote:
    I remember that well Bubba they were ecstatic weren't they. Mig
    :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Lycra should never be worn by anyone, simples. I dislike the female athletes flaunting their six packs in their racing bikinis, that's a very ugly look. And there's a simple answer to the meat and two veg issue - it's not compulsory to look. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Think I missed that Bubba. Do you have a link to it? Just so I can check that you are right about that. :lol:
    Christine
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I thought I might drop you all a line on the subject of Lycra as I have done in the past. It seems every time athletics is on the telly you women are glued to it.
    Now the question was at what age should a man stop wearing Lycra. What about those of us forced into wearing it. I'm 66 years old and Mrs C is so demanding. I have a selection of different colours and dare I say sizes she likes them nice and tight she says, god the tight ones itch so much and its hard to roll the sleeves up when doing the dishes. This heat is no good either. I wouldn’t mind but I don’t even have a bike. Mines a rather funny shape the front of it is a sort of large wok shape must be the material I think. I wanted to include a picture but Mrs C says she wont share me with anyone. She has just sent off on ebay for a suit that matches my mobility scooter I hate doing asda in Lycra
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • mig
    8) :? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Colin, thanks for that. So glad to see you here (maybe not with the Lycra though).

I have to admit to a similar Lycra problem to Mig. I once had the privilege of watching Usain Bolt run. I was less than five foot from him so decided I'd video such an occasion. My film was quite embarrassing, I followed the runners well til they got level with me when my jaw dropped and my head followed the action whilst my phone camera keeps facing forwards, seems my mind was on other things once it all got close up. I get slightly dizzy just thinking of it. Ahhhhh.

Not sure he'll ever be too old in Lycra for me :oops:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mig
    Did you keep it ,did you ,come on fair shares for all ! Mig
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Oh Mig,what an admission!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Colin - :lol::lol::lol: That is so funny.

LV - Usain Bolt? Wow, think you are right about him never being too old. Yes, come on, share the video. Just to make sure you videoed it properly. :shock: :lol:
    Christine