Would you pay.....

Options
PamieAFC1903
PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
edited 29. Aug 2013, 04:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
.......£82 for a bottle of Whiskey that you will never drink?
I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there,

To be honest, my hubby would. He loves his whiskeys. Doesn't drink any more, but feels that one day they will be worth a lot more. I personally wouldn't dream of it, but then I don't like whiskey. Anyway, how are you doing Pamie. Don't see you on here much now. Hope you are enjoying your life as much as you can.
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    That is a LOT of money Pammie. I know I wouldn't pay that much for definite.

Who has by the way??

Love

Toni xxx
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    I am...

It's Runrig's special birthday whiskey, they had one for their 30th, but I missed out on it.

Just worried about my bro and dad getting their mitts on it lol.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    I love mine too, my Granda Charlie used to work for United Distillers and worked in one of the Distilleries in Moray :), so I have a taste for it hehe.

Just the special ones like Johnnie Walker Black Label will be worth a lot, also special malts, like the Runrig ones etc.

I'm not too bad hun, just plodding along, passed college there (a NC course not the HND I went for couple years back), and heading to study HNC in Cumbernauld. Been to a few gigs (Runrig) and just hanging with my mates :). What about you? hope you are keeping well.
    constable wrote:
    Hi there,

To be honest, my hubby would. He loves his whiskeys. Doesn't drink any more, but feels that one day they will be worth a lot more. I personally wouldn't dream of it, but then I don't like whiskey. Anyway, how are you doing Pamie. Don't see you on here much now. Hope you are enjoying your life as much as you can.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I bought 6 bottles for about £250. Two were raffled for local charities and one was given as a Christmas pressie. The other 3 are meant to be increasing in value.

E
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I bought 6 bottles for about £250. Two were raffled for local charities and one was given as a Christmas pressie. The other 3 are meant to be increasing in value.

E

Oooo nice.

I dunno if the Runrig one's will go up in value.... maybe when Rory or Calum pops their clogs it might :-/.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    We've got a bottle of whisky that our son bought for us a few years ago. It was made by a distillery that no longer exists, so it's just to 'look at'!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Short answer - no.

The quality of the whisky lies in the distillery and (possibly) the blend, not in the label or a rock group's name.

My husband was given a very expensive one 'made exclusively for the QE2'. It was rubbish. We both thought so and he loves Speyside while I love Islay.

There are some good, cheap whiskys about. Why pay so much money for a label?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Pamie...Im not into whiskey was a brandy drinkers..not anymore.. :cry: hope it goes up in value for you..or are you going to drink it.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Ummm, when you buy expensive whiskey, like the one I'm getting and it IS made by a well known distillery (one that I know very well due to my influence etc), Glen Grant in Rothes, you don't drink it, in fact any limited edition or exclusive whiskeys you never drink!!! (Learned that from my Granda).

The band's name is only on it because it is a limited edition, therefore will not be drunk in anyway.....
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Megrose489 wrote:
    We've got a bottle of whisky that our son bought for us a few years ago. It was made by a distillery that no longer exists, so it's just to 'look at'!

Ohhhh??, I'm trying to see if the distillery that my Granda worked at made a Blended Malt the year my mum & dad were married.

Me and my bro was thinking it would be a great 40th anniversary prezzie for them not cause it was special to them, but because my Granda Charlie is no longer with us, and I've got 5 years to find one haha!.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Oh I wouldnt dare ,In a weak pain moment I might open it for a wee snifter x