leg cramps/muscle spasm

Options
Rallymad
Rallymad Member Posts: 84
edited 21. Aug 2013, 10:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Anyone with RA on here suffer from these and is it linked to the condition?
Had severe cramp last week, soldiered on with it but come Thursday night took hot bath and rubbed it with anti-inflammatory gel, appeared very swollen too. Had troubled night so decided to go up to casualty early Fri morning, told me to rest it and gave me tubigrip and walking stick. Apparantly my medicine cupboard stocks stronger meds than he would be able to give me anyway lol. Just wondered if there was anything related to the condition. Have started taking magnesium tablets too (recommended by one of my holistic friends)

Arlene

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Maybe a trip to the GP may be in order it the cramp doesn't ease
    I know they use quinine sulphate for cramp maybe that might help or drink tonic water as that contains some quinine in
    Hope it eases soon as its so painful ouch
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Arlene
    There have been a few on here with RA and leg cramps, magnesium is something that a GP would prescribed..if you search leg cramps in the search button the one under the main one next to members..hope you find something.
    Love
    Barbara
  • Rallymad
    Rallymad Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you
  • premierscfc04
    premierscfc04 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    I've had leg cramps since the RA started, they've been prevented since my GP put me on quinine.

Until recently I never got anymore cramps and it turned out the new cramps were caused by the simvastatin I now have to take lower my cholesterol with has increased as a side effect of Toxilizumab. :shock:

I'm now still on quinine & now atorvastatin and thankfully I'm cramp free again. 8)

Hope you get it resolved soon..