I,m still here.....

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 24. Aug 2013, 07:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Thought I'd pop in and say hello as I've not been on for ages. Hope you are all as well as can be and have been enjoying the lovely weather we have been blessed with.

Things are a bit hectic here hence me not being on the forum.

My situation is still the same, aches and pains as always. I have majorly fallen out with all things medical at the moment lol. Keep being promised referrals to neurologists (for still dancing toes) cameras up and down (for low blood count) and nothing has been sorted so I've given up trying. I'll keep taking the pills but have taken back control of my life. I am back working now, 3 days a week in an office, I started Monday and enjoying every minute. I look after my granddaughter 2 days a week now which always cheers me up.

So that's me now, in control for the time being and I'll just take it 1 day at a time and see where things take me.

Take care all
Dee x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello stranger, it's good to hear from you again. I am so sorry that you are no further forward with anything but I know from my experience that these things can take time to progress in any direction. :roll: Sometimes it's good to take a step back from it all but don't give up, OK? Something is up and needs sorting and sometimes we have to be the ones to keep pushing. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hi there, Dee. It's good to see you again. I'm sorry nothing much has changed but you do sound more positive and more in control which has to be a good thing. I hope the medics will come up with some good news soon :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • deedeeitsme
    Options
    Thank you for your replies ladies.....sorry to pop in and disappear again but that's how it's going to be, but I will get on when I can.

I have not given up on getting answers but the whole thing was very consuming, both time and energy.

The job came up pretty quickly, I had the interview last Friday and started Monday, so not much time to think about it. I'll do my best and see how it goes. If I have to alter my meds to suit my job then so be it. I have always been in catering in some capacity which is really hard on the feet, legs, hips etc but this is an office job so I'm sat down most of the time which I'm sure will be a lot better for me. We have a kettle in the office so if I need a stretch I just make a cuppa lol.

Take care ladies and I'll pop in when I can so please don't think I'm ignoring you lol.

Dee xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Well done on landing the job, Dee. In fact, well done on even applying in your current circumstances. I do hope the 'sitting element' will help.

You'll be the darling of the office if you keep offering a brew :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • deedeeitsme
    Options
    Sticky that's the plan :lol: There is a lift up to the offices so that really helps. Its only one flight of stairs but it may be one flight too many some days. I take the stairs, all be it slowly, to try and get some strength back into the old muscles but the old knees are starting to grumble a bit now. I must admit, it's my day off today and it has taken 2 lots of pain dullers to get going. Oh well. It's only three days a week which is more than enough for me and it's 2 days on 1 off 1 day on 3 off so can't complain.

Take care
    Dee xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Dee, Glad to see you popping by still, Sadly getting anywhere medically takes a long time these days, but your mantra to take things one day at a time is a good thing. Going back to work and having your grand-daughter must make things easier to get up for in the morning for even if you feel bad that day. Stay positive and keep fighting to be seen by a neurologist (giving your G.P a little reminder won't hurt!). Take care.
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hi Dee, nice to 'meet' you! I'm sure the job will be great and having your granddaughter for company is always bound to put a smile on your face I'm sure! Hopeful that you'll get somewhere with referrals soon though x
    Toots x