Aaaaarrgghhhhhh!!!! Help please...

Options
gemmarh100
gemmarh100 Member Posts: 73
edited 22. Aug 2013, 09:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just had to scream....literally!!!! :cry:

I feel like my whole life is going wrong at the moment....I have just split up with my partner of 6 years (I'm 23) and now have nowhere to live - back at my mums. I have to sort out everything, all the money and my head is in a spin :(

It's all getting on top of me....so therefore not eating/sleeping properly and drinking too :oops: Which is affecting my RA and my meds....

Just hoping for encouragement that things will get better :?: ....or some words of wisdom from those who may have been in my situation.....

Gemma xxxx

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time. I do remember when my partner of whom I had a flat with just walked out on me while I was visiting my parents. It is devastating I know. But by the sound of things you should get yourself up the dr's firstly and more importantly get some help. Don't let yourself go down even further. Believe me, things do improve. I know that at the moment you wont believe that but it is true. I have always said, when one door closes, there will be another a new one opening for you. Hang in there, get help, wait till you are in a better state of mind. At least you had your parents who took you back in. And I am sure they will do all they can to help.

Just one more thing. Never be afraid of asking for help.

My heart goes out to you and hope you manage to climb right back up again.
    Karen xx
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey gemma,

Sorry you're going through this at the moment :( trying not to sound patronising so apologies if I do. u are still v young and having been with someone from 17 to now I guess you've changed a lot in that time coming from a relative child to now as a grown adult, people grow apart often at these times and your life changes a lot altering priorities and your views of what u want for the future.
    Try to step back a bit and see the wider longer term picture, unfortunately we often need to experience relationships that aren't quite right to know what we want and need for our future relationships. Its grim at the time but you will get over this and move on, ask pretty much anyone and they will have had the same things happen, you always think 'this is the one' when u meet someone new otherwise u wouldn't get together in the first place but often they're not the one.
    Over time I started trying to view life and its tests as fate taking its course and I really believe everything happens for a reason and all these things lead us into new chapters.

I have a great saying for you to think of when you're wondering why u are going through these things its:
    'Life is not about trying to avoid the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain!'

Try not to dwell too much, deal with the stages as you need to and try to let go of any bitterness if u can, parting as friends makes things much easier in the long run and although u prob can't see it now things will be brighter in the near future, you have a whole life ahead to enjoy, don't waste a moment worrying about the negatives look for the positives and live life, you only get one chance grab it with both hands.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    ((((Gemma))))

I'm really sorry ure going thru such a tough time :(

I'm 20 years older than you & have a son of 23 & a daughter of 25 ... So if I get a tad maternal/nagging type of thing I apologise & feel free to report me as unsolicited spam :D:lol:

Firstly I'd suggest you stop using drink as a crutch to lean on. These things have an awful tendency to become addictive b4 you even realise wots happening!! Today it's being used for a big traumatic thing & in 3 months its because you had an argument with ure Mum coz ure not helping out enough at home :? I'm not saying it'll definitely happen but drink really isn't a good place to turn for comfort.

I'd definitely go & see ure GP. I'm sure they'll be able to offer help with sleep, alcohol, meds etc They'll be able to arrange counselling for you too if you think it'll help!! I do, I've found it invaluable but for different reasons. Oh, the dr may suggest antidepressants at a low dose, you may find them beneficial, they aren't for everyone tho.

I'd consider discussing ure problems with ure family too huni. The more people that know how messed up ure feeling the more support ul get. If they aren't the talking types there's always Samaritans, they're an amazing resource!!

I totally agree that things happen for a reason. You will get thru this bump in ure road. It will feel like a mountain at the moment but in years to come you'll hopefully be grateful!!

Massive hugs ((((( ))))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Oh Gem, I am so sorry. It never rains, but it pours. You are having a bad enough time as it is.

I can only reiterate what the others have said to you. Keep calm. Stop the drink and seek help. And be very grateful you have a mum.

This is very hard, but you will get through it. I am also sure that one door closes and another opens. Maybe not straight away, but that's ok.

Chin up. Come back on here to talk or scream and you are welcome to pm me.

Susie
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    How are you today Gemma? ((((Hugs)))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Gemma
    Just found your post
    (((((( HUG )))))
    Nothing more to add to what's been said
    Just remember we are here for you whenever you need us
    How are you today?
    Maria
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, Gemma. Think the others have given you some good advice so will just say that I hope you will be feeling a little brighter soon. Beryl. ((()))
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Sending hugs your way Gemma x
    Toots x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello Gemma
    ((((((((gemma))))))))