Methatrexate & Sweating.

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 3. Sep 2013, 03:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Okay this is a new one on me.

I have been on Meth for 4 years now, tablets, injections and back on tablets again.

At the moment I am on 10mg and have been on these for a few a weeks now, increasing to 15mg in Sept.

The past week I have been sweating something awful! Even just doing simple tasks like washing the dishes!

Has anyone else been experiencing this with Meth and does it go away?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have and no it doesn't, well, not for me anyway. It's not fun is it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I've been off of mtx since the beginning of July & I still sweat profusely so I assume mine isn't related to it. My GP says it's my antidepressant. It's vile & embarrassing :(

(((( )))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    I'm suffering too but think mines hormonal didn't think about the methotrexate will keep an eye on that
    Maria :)
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi DebraKelly;

I have this the day after mtx dose. Well, I have sweating all the time but it's worse the day after. Just pours, even if it's cool. I carry a towel around my neck. I thought it went along with the nausea I feel; it seems to resolve at the same time as that does.

Anna
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I don't sweat any more now than I ever did pre-meth. It's been a hot summer.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • oldies
    oldies Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Interesting that one,i have been on meth injections for some years,mine are in the process of being increased and i have found i am sweating a lot.I put this down to the hot weather,will keep a note now its cooling down se if the sweating stops.
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Hmmmm I have also had this but I also never thought it was anything to do with the meth.I thought it was due to the hot weather I will see what happens in the colder weather.
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    For 2 months been sweating like mad as if i had a shower over me.
    i am on meths but mine apperently is to do with infection in left knee on antibiotics but still sweating
  • listy
    listy Member Posts: 9
    Options
    It never ceases to puzzle me how similar some of the effects are of inflammatory arthritis, Methotrexate and menopause. As a post menopausal woman who takes Mtx for inflammatory arthritis I spend a lot of time puzzled!