Sorry not been around!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 24. Aug 2013, 09:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
As some of you know I recently had yet another 'Flare Up' start and it's been giving me a lot of pain. Well to rub salt on a already sore wound I started with a migraine on Tuesday afternoon and this was a whopper of one, I was sick, got a fever and totally floored by it. It only started to clear yesterday so still feel bad today but just wanted to poke my head round door and explain myself. Flare is still in full swing!!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, bubbadog. I expect a migraine is exactly what you didn't need. I don't know if this will help at all but a friend, who regularly had really bad migraines, discovered that, if he didn't drink alcohol or eat chocolate or cheese, he didn't get any at all. Worth a try?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Bubbadog,
    Hope you're feeling a bit better now. It's bad enough have arthrtis isn't it without having other things on top of that.
    I too have been AWOL and it seems horrendously long since I've been on this Forum.
    I hope that each day sees you feeling a little bit better.
    Just remember to take care of yourself.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, bubbadog. I expect a migraine is exactly what you didn't need. I don't know if this will help at all but a friend, who regularly had really bad migraines, discovered that, if he didn't drink alcohol or eat chocolate or cheese, he didn't get any at all. Worth a try?

Don't eat chocolate, can't eat cheese because I'm lactose intolerant and only have Alcohol when on holiday or Christmas, only then I only have a couple of glasses!! I wouldn't mind if I had done something to trigger them but I've been told they are connected to my seizures, so I think the stress of having to fill the forms in for the ESA and the other new Benefit and wait for results has caused them, so I expect more to come while I wait for the brown envelopes to arrive!
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    So sorry you've had a cracker of a migraine added to the mix, just what you don't need! Hoping you're feeling better now - the only thing I would add is make sure you're drinking enough water x
    Toots x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi there,

Migraines are awful I know. I suffered with them. But you have to cope with that ontop of Arthur. It is just not fare is it. My hubby gets migraines and he doesn't drink and now being diabetic he doesn't eat chocolate either. I think you are right probably the stress of the form filling.

Hope you are starting to feel better now. Sending some hugs your way. ((()))
    Karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    There are many causes of migraine. I just offered those examples as a potentially easy way of trying to stop them. The only time I had them was as a result of sleeping with my neck not properly supported. I'd wake up with the headache and the vomiting soon started. Since using a memory foam shaped pillow I no longer have them - unless I forget to take my pillow away with me.

If stress is the problem might a mild tranquilliser be the answer?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright