BACK FROM MY 6 WEEKS POST OP THR

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 25. Aug 2013, 05:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
The appointment went well she said I could take the stockings off... :D then she said I have to have physio to get it stronger ready for having the other one done... :roll:
I asked about the 90% rule and she said it would apply for life with some things...this really knocked me back.. :shock:
So I asked when would I be able to get down to my feet....she said that is would be a few more months...and I could try slowly...has you dont get any warning with dislocation :shock: ...so I feel a bit down...silly really when I have done so well....and pain free on that side.
Suppose it is just hitting me..anyhow over all a good appointment and she was so lovely :D
Love
Barbara

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    i'm sorry you have done very well. have you got the plastic stocking thing you put your foot in and them pull the cords and they go on your feet.
    I cant touch my toes as well.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elsa56
    elsa56 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    BIG HUGS FOR YOU(((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
    I know I havn't had mine done yet, but I have read on line that there will always be things that you won't be able to do and then on another site they say you can get back to normal.
    Only time will tell my love but having less pain even if you are resticted from doing alot of things has got to be an improvement.xxxx
    Who am i to talk... the one who is petrified of having it done.
    Wishing you all the best
    Lots of love
    Elsa
    xxxxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hey, well done on ditching the glamour stockings, Barbara :D

I don't quite get what you mean about the 90 degree rule 'applying for life with some things'. I found that I gradually started to realise how far I could bend over. If I bent very slowly I could tell when I reached a point beyond which it'd probably be unwise to go and no quick lurch to grab whatever I wanted :oops: I still do the exercises every day though to keep the muscles strong. So, keep plugging away with the physio. It really is worth it. You are doing well. You've done well throughout and come a very long way. Sometimes I think we all just tend to forget how far we've come and get a bit impatient to be somewhere we couldn't have dreampt of previously.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe Barbara, I am sure you will get through this little glitch, you are a very positive person and the main thing is you do not have any pain, you have a lovely weekend and I am sure you will be back to your positive self soon ((()))...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I cannot believe how far you have come, Barbara, OK there may be one or two restrictions but compared to the pre-op restrictions? Actually, is there any comparison? :wink: I am so pleased to read that you are pain-free on that side, that has to be a boon. Here's to getting the other done asap - this time next year you could be a whole new woman. :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Barbara you have done so well and, as you say, you are now pain free on that side and physio will only improve things even more. Well done you!!!
    As for touching your toes, well, I can't touch mine either and I've not had the op :lol:

Take care
    Dee xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks Joan, SW, Elsa DD, and Marie
    I feel a fool now..sorry... its not like me to be down.... :oops:
    Elsa thanks for the hugs...and sorry to you for the moan...I am trying to keep you upbeat then I do this....believe me it was really worth it..not sure why I was down she was quite negative when it came to the moving on ie bending...even sleeping on my side..but I suppose cautious is better.. :D
    SW this is what I was thinking slowly does it...till she said you will get know warning...
    Maire thanks..I am already getting back to my positive self... :D
    Joan I will look at anything that will help thankyou
    DD..yes I am pain free...just hit a brick wall today...but I have now gone through it... :D
    Thanks again all xxxx
    Hi Dee just spotted you there...this is what my OH says..he cant touch his toes... :lol: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hon, I am not surprised you hit the 'wall' today - it's a common post-op hazard. When you are in the middle of everything you cannot necessarily see the progress you are making and yes, the whole sleeping on your back thing etc is a blasted nuisance, especially when the other hip starts raising Cain. Well done on blasting your way through the wall - may I borrow your Wonderwoman costume? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    ((((Barbara)))))

I'm sorry I wasn't about sooner, I've been to visit my Dad.

I think staying positive & strong all the time must be hard work but you do an amazing job :D xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Just sent you a pm

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry I'm late to this Barbara ,so glad your appointment went well,sounds like you are doing well. Mig
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks DD, Debbie, Hileena and Mig
    Cant sleep on my side, because my old hip wont let me..I was so looking forward to this ...especially has my back doesn't like being slept on :roll:
    But today I am bouncing back :) ...cant hold me down for long..and it is thanks to all of you...
    Love to everyone xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hi Barbara, glad to hear you sounding so positive now, sending hugs x
    Toots x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    sorry to hear you had a kind of appointment. But you are doing really well, and as has been said already, the few restrictions you have been told are worth it to be out of the pain you were in. The side sleeping will come, I promise! It takes time to feel comfortable and to feel confident to sleep on your side.
    Was it the Arthroplasty practitioner that you saw? I found mine really helpful and good to talk to (I spoke to on phone just the other day!)
    I hope you are feeling a bit better about things today xx
    Take care
    NB
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Barbara

So pleased the appointment went well, that she was lovely and the stockings can be discarded with gay abandon!!!!! :wink:

You will know your limitations with the bending down. It will take time though. Careful does it.

I hope the physio goes well.

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    HiBarbara You know me I pop in now & again I just wanted to say when any of us on here feel down you are the one that always gives us support well I am here right on your shoulder to say you have done really well & glad you had a good appointment
    All the best & sorry I have only just seen this :roll: :oops: :wink:xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks so much for your support..Toots, ND, Elna, and queenfan
    It means a lot to be able to talk to you...I tell everyone its good to get things out ...but its something I am not good at... :)
    Elna you know me I will get there...I hope you are doing okish..
    Toots...thanks for the hugs they are greatly received
    NB I have PMed you..it was the nurse I saw she was lovely...
    queenfan..how kind of you I am welling up here...and its lovely to have you back...
    I am getting there..it is just a blip and hard to explain...very strange for me to get down....I saw the pain clinic about this back and she cant do much till I can lie on my tummy ...so will have to wait till my other THR ..she is arranging injection and nerve blockers in my back ..these could be done sitting up
    The good news.. :D
    the THR is doing brilliant...I am really pleased how it is going ..I dont have any pain ...and the scar is lovely and neat..
    love to all of you xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara