Cervical Spondylosis???

Options
scozzie
scozzie Member Posts: 333
edited 23. Aug 2013, 18:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Sorry I've not been a regular contributor lately, most of my OA problems have become "run of the mill" so I've had little to chat about, especially as I've other non Arthur problems to "entertain" me ... lol! (By run of the mill I mean no better/no worse, just my normal pain condition, thus manageable (sort of)).

Anyway, over the past few months I've noticed stiffness/soreness developing in my neck area and radiating into my shoulders. When or how do I know if I have Cervical Spondylosis to add to my other OA affected joints? Last time I saw my GP and mentioned it and it was sort of brushed off/accepted as such. So, how do I know for sure? And how will it effect me in the future?

Many thanks in advance
Scozzie

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Crikey mate, how would we know? We're not doctors and therefore cannot diagnose what may or may not be going on with you. I know what you mean about the 'run of the mill' stuff, I've been like that with my arthritises for a while now and it is difficult to know what to say to the newly diagnosed without sounding either condescending or scary. I associate anything 'spondylistic' with an auto-immune arthrits but I could well be wrong on that front. All I can advise is do not 'mention' it to your GP - make a point of it and how it is affecting you, then hopefully he will not be so casual in dismissing it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think the only way to be sure is to get it x-rayed. How might it progress? Sorry, scozzie, I can't do the crystal ball stuff :wink: Maybe your GP was dismissive because he regards it as a normal progression. I'm afraid that's how it can go.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright