The saga of Migs spots

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 26. Aug 2013, 06:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
We think we have whittled it down to what started my spots,as some of you may know I have painted the bathroom and the last thing I did was the radiator and skirting board and door frame ,I got paint all over my hands and part of my arms and to clean it off I used white spirit and one of those dish washing pads with the scourer on the other side,not a good idea to scrub with,thankfully it's all eased off ,my hands still look blotchy but hardly itch at all.i shall keep taking the tablets till after the weekend though.
When I was younger I would have painted the whole house in the blink of an eye now I think I will give in gracefully and get someone else to do it.
Hope you all have a good weekend,DD you enjoy your evening,you deserve to. Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah, that does make sense, mig, and I'm so pleased that the mystery appears solved and the humira can continue. I can see that scrubbing with white spirit might enable tiny drops of the white spirit to permeate the skin and that's probably a bad idea for those of us with depressed immune systems.

So, I reckon you are permanently excused painting and decorating duties. Every cloud has a silver lining? I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you Mig for whittling this down...next time you pain...if you ever do...loads of Vaseline on the hands...the paint just falls off...glad to see you are getting there xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    How's it going, mig? Are you 'spotless' yet :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    My character is spotless :wink: the spots are fading and not itching ,where I scratched and scratch too much is very dry ,not sure whether to put some cream on or not . Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mig try some baby oil..its has good as anything...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, it sounds as though you have found the cuplrit and that is a good thing. Dry skin will be itchy so yes, emulsify with something fairly neutral to help ease matters. I am glad they are clearing up, the pills seem to have done the trick, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hurrah! Glad it was nothing more serious :D x
    Toots x