Could I really be this unlucky?

Options

Comments

• Annieboo87
    Annieboo87 Member Posts: 26
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope your appointment went ok this morning jenny. Your nephew sounds v clever little boy.
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Toots, yes to the ravelry, I normally start there but the Artist is me never sticks to a pattern.
    Well you're a better woman than I, if I don't have a pattern in front of me, I'm hopeless! Happy knitting! ;-)

Hoping your gp comes up with something good for you! x
    Toots x
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Jenny. Do hope yr drs appointment went ok and he/she has been able to help you. You really are doing so well, keep up the good work. We are all here for you and fighting along with you. Glad you are keeping yourself busy. I love knitting but OA in shoulder and now diagnosed in wrist and thumb are not helpful! Have acquired some embroidery to do with unaffected (so far) right wrist, and can manage puzzles ok, so knitting is a very little and not very often. I think handicrafts of any description are therapeutic, so hope you will find it helps you.

Take care of yourself. Sending some ((((())))) to help you along,

Beryl. xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

just to say I'm thinking of you,

Trish xx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

I hope you had a good doctor's appointment :)

Both knitting and your fused glass work sound like great distraction, though the description of your hands after the course makes me a bit nervous for you! And it's lovely that you're in close contact with your family – that must help too.

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Options
    So I managed to wake up in time for the GP and she basically agreed with me, what I am experiencing now is normal for what I am going through and the high dose of steroids. She has given me more sleeping tablets for when needed and has accepted that without them I am not getting the proper sleep. Not enough for every day until I see her next but I am going to try half tablets to see if that is enough, if not I will not be rationing them, I will be going back and asking for more.
    She signed me off for another 4 weeks without even asking - as I have said she knows me really well.

So after the doc, and loading up at the pharmacy it was only just after 10am, I was feeling ok so I decided to go to work to drop off my sick lines that have been piling up. I work as a high school teacher so I timed it to when all the kids (and teachers) would be in class. I stopped by the office and then went down to my department to say hello. They are obviously busy but coping, but I am still able to say- Not my problem at the moment :wink:
    I then made the mistake of going into my classroom- I got the timings wrong, one of my classes were in :o They were all happy to see me, they wanted me to check their work- I had to be pretty blunt and say my body was here but my mind wasn't at the moment. I told them it looked pretty and that was all they were getting....and I would be off for at least another month-then I got out of there!

Then my friend answered a text I sent off on the off chance so I went round to hers for a natter and good catch up too :D

So overall a very good day, none of it planned before hand which I think I will embrace for the moment, no commitments, no stress just what I feel I can do when I feel I can do it.

Happier today

Jenny
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    That sounds like a very good day, Jenny. I hope it will continue into a good weekend :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Annieboo87
    Annieboo87 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Glad youve been out and aboutntoday and had nice time. Hope the new regike with sleepin tabs will help.
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Glad you have had a better day Jenny. Hope the weekend is as good as possible and the glass crafting goes well. It sounds really interesting.

Take care.

Beryl

xx
  • thistlegirl
    Options
    So last night was a long night, no sleep til 5.30am. I have spotted a cycle, when I have a day when I need to talk to people about the Cancer for the first time I don't sleep that night. Yesterday at work I was asked a lot how I was doing etc, and then my friend too. I then emailed 3 friends who I still hadn't told as I didn't want them to find out through the grapevine as so many people know now.

I think I work well at focusing on the positives so when I need to bring the what has happened and what is next to the front of my brain to answer these questions then things go wrong. I went into super keep busy last night so didn't wind down properly- so couldn't get to sleep.

As always I feel better having worked this out- or I will do after a good nights sleep tonight- tablet at the ready!

looking at today as a hiccup, lets hope for a better tomorrow

thanks as always for the hugs and comments, they helped last night when there was no one around to talk to - I think even my great family might complain if I call for a chat at 4am :wink:

Jenny
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope that today and tonight are better for you. ((((((((((((( )))))))))))

Deb x
  • thistlegirl
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: I took a tablet and fell asleep on the couch before 9pm, woke up a bit later and got to bed but I FELL ALSLEEP ON THE COUCH :lol::lol::lol:

Oh it felt great, slept through for almost 11 hours and everything is much nicer today!

I can't remember when I last felt asleep watching TV :D

Jenny
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think I work well at focusing on the positives so when I need to bring the what has happened and what is next to the front of my brain to answer these questions then things go wrong. I went into super keep busy last night so didn't wind down properly- so couldn't get to sleep.

That makes perfect sense to me, Jenny.

I'm very pleased you got a really good, even if partly unplanned, sleep.

If the hugs help, have some more :D(((())))
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    So pleased you had a good night- epic sleeping when you doze on the sofa then sleep more in bed! :D

Hope today is a positive one for you.

Deb x
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi huni,

How are you, I hope ure ok, well as ok as you can be at the moment?

I just wanted to do this ---->

((((((((((((( :D )))))))))))))))

I planned to send you a male stripper to help occupy ure mind but I was worried it would interfere with ure knitting!!! :shock:

Many spoons being sent instead ;)

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • thistlegirl
    Options
    Oh, I think I could put the needles away for a good reason :wink:

I am doing ok, I either have energy or I don't at the moment and there doesn't seem any way to predict which way I will be. So I am following the seize the day approach, or curl up under a blanket on a couch approach depending on how I wake up :roll:

Tried half a sleeping tablet last night and that wasn't perfect but I will try again when I feel more settled I think. It is that time of the month for me this week which I think, explains some of the mood issues I have been having :lol: :x :(

back at you ((((((Debbie)))))))

Jenny
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Snap huni & I'm having a heck of a job dropping off to sleep!!Gggrrrr :? I must say, I'm hoping I don't jinx myself, I've been sleeping really well once I drop off, for such an insomniac as myself this is amazing :D I really hope ure sleep settles soon coz I know how hard it is to cope on broken or little sleep!!

U just keep doing wot ure doing Jenny, it seems to be wot you need & that is all that matters.

((((Jenny))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • thistlegirl
    Options
    I must not try to do to much and I must listen to my body....grrr :x :x

I planned a day out today, not much- get up by 10am and drive across town to visit my Aunt with my family. That went fine, not enough sleep but not deadly. I hadn't seen her in a while and I love spending time with her.

Then my sister suggested going to TK Maxx-that floored me :( ...But I did buy myself a nice new winter coat for £40!

I have had a headache all afternoon as I hadn't drank enough water :roll:

Nothing planned for tomorrow except maybe a wee tidy up of the flat. Hate it when I get wiped out by the little things

Off to knit little woolly hats for Innocent smoothie bottles for their bug knit campaign if I can stay awake!

My brain is switching back on now but my energy is not keeping up. Couch day to start with tomorrow an lets see what happens.

Jenny
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I am pleased about the coat, water-wise I ensure I have a bottle by me all day because I am sure it helps matters, and never mind what wasn't achieved today. You have done more than me so I hope that brings some comfort. :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • thistlegirl
    Options
    oh I don't know if this is right.

I have been feeling really unsettled, antsy, all day. No attention span, can't sit still, wound up basically. I can't focus on anything for long but feel I need to be doing something....almost hyper at times? If I was drinking caffine and having sugar just now I would say I was on a caf/sugar high?

Could this be the steroids 5 weeks into treatment??
    This type of thing is listed on the side effects and it says I should contact the doctor straight away but 5 weeks after I started the course?

Help

Jenny
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I would follow the advice on the leaflet! Steroids can make you feel antsy but this is obviously a change for you and they need to know. It might be nothing but you'll get some piece of mind at the very least.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think that's good advice from Salamander. Hopefully it will be nothing but best not to take chances.
    Steven Wright
  • thistlegirl
    Options
    OK,
    I am going to call the GP first thing. I am not calling anyone tonight as you know what they will say " well because of your history, we just want to check things out"- A & E at 2am is not fun, been there done that.

As you say, best to get it checked out especially before the weekend starts. I think I am also going to go and stay with family after I get it checked for a bit.

Jenny
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I hope it turns out to be nothing alarming but I think a spell with the family is a good idea and will make a change, anyway.
    Steven Wright