Ayurveda anyone???

Options
mazbaz
mazbaz Member Posts: 38
edited 25. Aug 2013, 11:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I have a friend who has used Ayurveda therapy recently for IBS/Fatigue/Aneamia problems and swears by it. She said the treatment has changed her life and she feels wonderful. I beleive it is mostly based on changing what she eats and drinks and lowering her daily stress levels. IE life management.
Now, while I am thrilled for her that she feels so well again I am a little confused that she thinks this therapy/treatment could help, possible cure my RA/PsA.

Has anyone with Arthritis tried Ayurveda or can you comment on its effectiveness please?
I am open minded about different treatments but failing to see how this could help at all.
Thanks for your comments.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can see why Ayurvedic principles have altered her health troubles for the better but, let's face it, your troubles are very different. By all means adopt the principles it offers because it might have a good knock-on effect on your general life but I reckon that will be it. I've said it before and I'll happily say it again - if these things worked this forum wouldn't be here. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello
    I know very little about this apart from its an very old Indian treatment...something to do with body types and cleansing...my neighbous father is Indian and is into natural therapy's...and I remember him saying that the Americans have pick up on it and making a lot of money out of people...apparently done properly they have had good results..but I wouldn't pay out any money till you do your homework.
    Love
    Barbara