White spots with red dot ....

Options
Toots
Toots Member Posts: 483
edited 28. Aug 2013, 16:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
..... sick of me asking medical questions yet??? Lol, hopefully this might mean something to one of you, hope you can help.

I've had a 'spot' on my foot for weeks and weeks. Can't recall if it coincided with my knee which started all this, but it's been there for a while.

It's for all the world like an insect bite in appearance - smooth surface, white circle/oval with a pin-prick red dot in the middle. I know it's not a bite as I react ridiculously to inset bites, and it's been there for so long. Thought maybe it was a broken capillary or something.

Last night I noticed that I had another, close by but distinctly seperate, again on the top of my foot. But tonight I've found two more on the same foot, and another two on the other foot.

Now I'm 99.9% certain it's not meds related since the original one was there long before. I googled (yeah yeah, I know!) and while I got a lot of hits that pointed to auto-immune, I didn't actually find anything informative.

Any thoughts anyone?
Toots x

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nothing comes to mind, toots. Are they raised? Is the skin shiny? Itchy?

If you're getting more of them maybe it's worth a trip to the GP?

xxAnna
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Sorry, can't help, Toots. I wish you well with them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Toots could they be flea bites..my GC came back from there friends the other day with quite a few....its that time of the year....are you on new meds... :?: hope you find out what they are soon...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have no idea what they might be or what could be causing them. The human body is a weird and wonderful thing - it's mostly weird and, in our cases, not very wonderful but sometimes stuff happens just because it can. It's not easy at times, is it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Toots
    Options
    Not itchy, not even raised really, not troubling me at all in any respects. But they shouldn't be there :lol: I'm certain they're not flea/insect bites as I react awfully to any kind of bite, always have, I know in seconds if I've been bitten.

Thanks everyone! I know you're not medically trained, but I figured I'd be as good as asking here than anywhere! Will probably phone gp today just to rule out any issues with meds.
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    The human body is a weird
    In this house, the term we use is 'special' :lol:
    Toots x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi there,

Out of curiosity, are they itchy when touched. I get spots on my left hand fingers. As I said just wondering.
    Karen xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Just for you toots, I woke up this morning with new 'spots' all over my hands. Sympathy spots I think! All from touching some garden soil. Yes the human body is weird and 'special' :lol:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Spots seem to be the thing at the moment,hope they clear soon . Mig
  • Toots
    Options
    constable wrote:
    Hi there,

Out of curiosity, are they itchy when touched. I get spots on my left hand fingers. As I said just wondering.
    Sorry Karen, no itch with these! (which is how I know it's not a bite lol). Do you get these regularly?
    Boomer13 wrote:
    Just for you toots, I woke up this morning with new 'spots' all over my hands. Sympathy spots I think! All from touching some garden soil. Yes the human body is weird and 'special' :lol:
    Oh no Anna!! Your sympathy is very welcomed, but not in that manner!! Hope they go quickly! You need a gardener! :wink:
    mig wrote:
    Spots seem to be the thing at the moment,hope they clear soon . Mig
    Yes indeed Mig, it's you who started it :wink:

I called the surgery and explained and asked for GP callback.
    Still waiting! :wink: x
    Toots x
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Toots,

Sorry I'm late to your thread :)

Just a thought – have you changed your washing powder lately? (Once my skin reacted to a biological powder.)

Hope you've had a good callback!

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Toots
    Options
    Hi Phee

No change of anything here, but a bit of further investigation suggests it's petechiae particularly suggestive of a low platelet count. Doc was non-commital. I'm off to post in my Sulfasalazine thread in a moment if you want more of my moaning lol ;-)
    Toots x