ATOS Secret filming on how they look at peoples forms...

Options
justinbarrow
justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
edited 2. Sep 2013, 13:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Came across this and it is unbelievable and disgraceful - It looks like someone got a job with them and they are being told how to review medical forms and questionnaires :o

Here is the link to the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzHxXg0rfQ

Comments

• kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Saw this on TV Justin.

Shocking,
    luckily I dont have to deal with all that being an oldie. :roll:
    But feel it for those who have to deal with all this.

Kath
  • elsa56
    elsa56 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Ive had two ATOS tests. The first one they said I was fit for work and I appealed against it and won. GP records showed them that I was going to have spurs and bone removed from my shoulder and coller bone.
    The second they said I was fit for work, I was so fed up at the time that I didn't bother to fight and started a job at home, am now waiting to go in for a THR. When I went to them the last time I was in alot of pain walking, couldn't get up on the bed without help and couldn't lift my leg up off the bed as it was too painful.
    The last time i claimed any benfits was when my children were young and the youngest one is 30, I felt like a criminal for asking for help.
    It is disgusting the way we are treated, Yes there are some people who get money that shouldn't but this lot are picking on the wrong ones.
    I wonder if companies are thinking of things like building fires, I know if I was in a building and had to get out quick I would either hold every one up or be last to get out
    Food for Thought :roll:
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    Options
    It is shocking and have heard of lots of issues with Atos they have apparently won the £400 million contract to re-assess all the DLA claims when they move to P.I.P.

I don't care what Atos or DWP say im convinced they have targets on how many to kick off etc.
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    Options
    elsa56 wrote:
    I wonder if companies are thinking of things like building fires, I know if I was in a building and had to get out quick I would either hold every one up or be last to get out
    Food for Thought :roll:

Yes companies do think of things like that, they have to because they are not allowed to not employ someone because they're in a wheelchair etc. and they have to have evacuation plans. Sadly though, the thought only goes as far as providing "safe" areas - ie an area where it would take at least 2 hours for the fire to encroach (this is often the toilets, or the stair well) and the person who can't evacuate gets taken there and left for the fire brigade to rescue them! So, you'd be the last one out.

Apparently it is possible to get fire safe lifts, but they are very expensive and I don't know of any company that has gone to that expense.
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    i have been told that the person that makes the judgement is not even a doctor. how can this be bogus people who fake illnesses always get through but the genuine ones slip through the net.destiny