Can't stop Smiling

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 29. Aug 2013, 17:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
:D:D:D Oh happy days after a week away with family and not weighing in at slimming world last week about 1 hour before I left home this evening for this weeks weigh in I had a text from our consultant at group telling me that along with 4 others I had been nominated for the woman of the year competition tonight apparently she had text me previously to tell me and I did not get the text. didn't win but was really chuffed that people had nominated me. then to top that off I lost and half pounds and reached the 5 stone mark. :D:D am now wondering if I can loose the 3lb I need to get to target in the next 2 weeks so that I go on another week away with Mr Turbo at target weight fingers crossed now. and It is race with Mr Turbo who will get to target first He needs 2lb to target :?: :?: :lol::lol:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm singing and dancing for you well done you deserved the nomination. Mig
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Mig so did the others It was just a great feeling that people had nominated me xx and as It was for the person who had impressed you during the year I must be doing something right he he xx
    :wink:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Well done Carol, my goodness what an achievement, I am sure you will get your target in two weeks time. As far as I am concerned YOU are the woman of the year and Mr Turbo is a superstar as well, I am sure it make no odds to you both who gets to target first as you are both winners.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    No wonder you are smiling...how lovely that they nominated you....Carol you are a winner all round with that weight loss...good luck with the next week.5st is amazing...you try and pick that amount up... :D:D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Marie and Barbara
    Marie no it doesn't matter who gets to target first as far as i'm concerned but I said to him last night right the race in on who will get there first to encourage him because he has been getting a bit down because he keeps going up and down like a yo yo and Is struggling a bit and I want him to get to target and not give up with only a few pounds to go. :)

Barbara I cannot even dream of picking up 1st let alone 5 ha ha but am so happy I have shed that amount and well all fingers and toes are crossed (help) that I will reach target before I go away if I don't well i'm not too bothered I'll do it after. :wink:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Well done for getting nominated! You have done so well and are a role model for us all that losing the weight can be done!! Keep going for the last few pounds you can do it!! Your a winner in our eyes! :D
  • Turbogran
    Thank you Bubbadog I don't consider my self Special or even a role model just doing it for my health and am now feeling the benefit However I was delighted and a bit :shock: shocked that people in the group had nominated me. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Congratulations Carol!!! Well done you I am not surprised you were nominated at all - you are probably an inspiration to those who feel they will 'never get there' :)

Go girl :D
    Love

Toni xxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    A big Congratulations from me. Wow, you have done so well. And 3lbs for you is going to be easy peesy.
    Karen xx
  • Turbogran
    Thanks constable
    I know I will get the 3lb just would like it to be before I go away and I have 2 weeks weigh in's before I go It will also mean I have reached my target set at the start within a year the year is up while I am away. :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Carole
    Well done for getting the nomination
    Our Woman of the year was last Wed....the girl that got it sobbed and cried....she was really chuffed
    As for me...I came home for holiday and had lost 2lb and went the next and had put it back on again :cry:
    Love
    Hileena
  • Turbogran
    Hileena I know all about that went away to my family in feb this year weighed in while there i'd lost 5and half pound weighed in the week after at home and i'd put 2and half back on. I must admit I too was chuffed that people had even nominated me
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Carole.....live gets in the way doesn't it :lol:
    I refuse to be really strict with myself. I'm still within my target weight {just!!!!}
    When will you know who has won it?
    Everyone seems to do it differently.
    We voted one week, the following week got the results of who had been nominated then in between stuffing our faces with a buffet :lol: and trying to do image therapy we voted for one of the 7 nominees and had the result that night.
    Love
    Hileena
  • Turbogran
    We knew who won the same night the lady who won really deserved it
    we all had to choose one person obviously the 5 who had been nominated could not vote for themselves. If i'm am away I'm not to strict with myself. but when at home I don't have anything indoors that is high in syns so therefore i'm better at home however on Tuesday's after weigh in
    OH and myself call it our naughty night and in fact don't count the syns at all in fact on the way home usually treat myself to a whole box of Mikado sticks which are half a syn a stick and you get quite :lol: a few but that's my weekly treat.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • hileena111
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one like that on a Tuesday night. :lol:
    As far as I'm concerned it doesn't start until Wed morning :lol:
    I don't think Tracy the leader thinks that :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • Turbogran
    our consultant Hannah always says one naughty day doesn't make you fat just like one really good day doesn't make you slim, she always says you have 21 meals a week if one day is not good draw a line under it and restart the next day.
    Stay positive always👍xx