Silly Silly Me !!!!!!

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 1. Sep 2013, 19:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
As Oh and myself had had a full cooked dinner at lunch yesterday I decide on pilchards on toast in the evening so put pilchards in a small dish and put the into the microwave whilst doing the toast to warm them after a few seconds they started to spit and hiss all over the inside of the microwave so I remove them and just gently touch them to see if the were hot enough and while doing this one exploded into my face :o:o luckily it didn't go into my eye but on my eyelid result on very sore eyelid today. :roll:
Moral of story don't put pilchards into the microwave without first covering them. :oops: :oops: :roll: Lesson learnt the hard way :lol::lol:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Carol I don't let my GDs go near my microwave.. I have had a few mishaps with things exploding on me...I'm so glad it didnt go in your eye...but I bet its painful...hope it gets better soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Crikey - I don't have a microwave but I thought that everything had to be covered? You poor thing, what a shock and I hope that things ease soon. DD

PS I love pilchards but only the ones in tomato sauce (which I wash off before eating them). I know, I know, . . . . . . that's weird. :oops:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    thanks Ladies
    DD i usually do cover things just forgot this time :oops: :roll:
    Barbara yes its very sore trouble is you usually have to exclude the air from a burn to lessen the pain and soreness but that's a bit difficult with your eyelid :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Oh Carol. How painful. I have read that some foods can explode after being heated in the microwave. Even after they have been taken out. Hope your eye gets better quickly.
    Christine
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Oh dear
    Poor you thank god it didn't cause you any pain
    I only use mine to warm up milk or soup my dad did some eggs in his and they exploded luckily whilst still in there
    I think we just take them for granted and not realise the damage they can do
    Maria :)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    That could have been really nasty,glad you're ok.
    It's not weird DD I scrape it all off. Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh Carol! The pilchard fights back hey!! Can I suggest the way my OH & I do it! Toast the bread slightly, while that's being done I put the Pilchards in a bowl and mush them (you can add a little tom sauce) my OH likes them like that! When bread is slightly toasted spread the pilchards on the toast and put them under the grill for a few minutes. That's how the bubbadog household do pilchards on toast! Hope your eyelid gets better soon.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope your eye is better now Carol xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there