what help can you do for me ?

mills20061970 Member Posts: 21
what can you do to help me ? i have had Osteoarthritis of the knees for the last 3 years and the Atos has deicded that i am fit to work when they also said i am disabled 45% and have stop my benefits .

I am also in constast pain 24hrs a day and my own GP has increase my painkillers.

i am on the following : Zomorph 5ml 4 in the morning 5 at night
Oramorph 10ml take as needed due to pain
Co-codamol 30/500ml take every 4 hrs .


  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 2,772
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Simon

    Thank you for your postings on our forum and a warm welcome from the Helplines team. I am aware that you have sent two postings and my apologies in the delay in replying to these. I have also responded to your other forum posting.
    I am so sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for you. You have asked what we can do for you and we provide information about arthritis and helpline support. We have lots of information on managing arthritis and these can be accessed on the following link. In particular you can download our booklets on Living with osteoarthritis and Coping with pain http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets
    When it comes to benefits we are not experts and it is best to speak to organisations that have expertise in the benefits system so that they can help and advise you. You can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau. You can find your local bureau by putting your postcode into their search on their website. Their website address is http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
    Turn2Us is an organisation that you can contact about access to benefits and grants. Their website is on the link http://www.turn2us.org.uk/default.aspx
    You can also call us here on the freephone helpline (weekdays 10am – 4pm) on 0808 800 4050 if you would like to talk things through with one of our helpline team.
    I hope this information is helpful.

    Best Wishes

Who's Online

3 Guests