That dreaded step

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 25. Sep 2013, 03:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have to take my little Lil' to the vet this morning, she has started being sick again and not only that, the other end is now making it's presence known. :(:cry: She is such a darling little pensioner and spends much of her time sleeping, the problem is, Khuno :x picks on her, probably because she's not well, he really is a bully and it distresses her so much.

I have to keep filling the spray bottle...you'd think he'd be fed up with getting wet but no, he keeps coming back for more :roll:
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• numptynora
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's such a relief...IBS is the diagnosis which means she will be on meds for as long as....
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad it wasn't anything to serious, what a relief that must have been. Poor old lil'. Is there any way you can have a quiet room just for her where Khuno can't get to her? It could be the IBS has flared up because he keeps picking on her? That's the problem when their is 2 cats who aren't related and one is older than the other, Khuno is trying to become the leader of the pack and making it known by picking on Lil'.
  • numptynora
    Options
    I think you're right bubba, although it seems to be going down the line, Felix chases Khuno and Khuno chases Lil. I did have to laugh earlier though, I pointed at him and said NO and he slapped my finger!!!!! the little so and so
    Numps x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I am so pleased that your cat can recover from this. It must be such a relief for you. Hopefully once on the meds start working your cat will start feeling loads better.
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Oh Numps I read this thread with serious trepidation.....

I am so pleased it's easily treatable :D

Hoorah!!

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi numpty
    I am so pleased they can treat Lil..you must be so releived..it did make me laugh the spray bottle...we used to use a water pistol...on our little dog may i add when he barked..but he got use to it and started opining his mouth... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    That must be a relief, numpty. You never know how it's going to go with our pet senior citizens.

I have a similar dynamic in my house. My poor senior siamese, the younger felines love chasing her, poor arthritic thing. She was very fierce in her younger days but not anymore. The youngsters find so much fun in being naughty; so similar to our young human friends :D

anna
  • numptynora
    Options
    Thank you every one for your replies, I can't say that Lil is better but having said that she has stopped being sick but, not putting any weight on, she is sleeping most of the time and at night (she sleeps with me) I've had to shut the other two out of the room because Khuno insists on practicing his lunging techniques!
    Numps x
  • numptynora
    Options
    I'm now at that stage now, it's going to be such a long drive tomorrow to the vet at 11am, today, we are having a spoil her rotten day (instructions from the vet)
    Numps x
  • barbara12
    Options
    numpty if this is what I think it means....((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Options
    Thank you Barbara, I keep welling up, this will be the third time this year and I don't know how much more I can cope with, this has got to be the worst year so far with everything that's been going on here
    Numps x
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh bless numpty ...the last time we went through this was 5 years ago...so my heart goes out to you...I'm so very sorry ... you know were we are....(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, numpty. My heart goes out to you. I've been through it a few times :cry: (())
    xAnna
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I feel for you, Numpty. We've been through it, too and it breaks your heart. (((())))

Meg
  • numptynora
    Options
    Thanks every one, my friend is coming over to be with me when she goes, I'm oh so dreading tomorrow filling up now so have to go sorry
    Numps x
  • barbara12
    Options
    I really wish I could give you a proper hug...I think only animals lover can understand the pain...I'm so glad you have someone to be with you..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh my poor Numps :cry:

I am so very very sad for you.

I have said this before because it's true.....but here goes....

You are doing the right thing it is the last duty of a responsible animal owner. She has been a happy girl and well-loved. What more could she have wanted for?

I will be right there in your pocket.

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thinking about you today numpty...I agree with every word Toni has said...((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Options
    Thank you so much Toni and Barbara, I held her in my arms and she went so peacefully and quickly, I keep telling myself she has gone to play with Custard and Beau, she had such a horrid start to her little life but she knew I loved her so much.
    Numps x
  • barbara12
    Options
    Aww bless..that is whats important..all the love you gave her...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Numps you did really well.