Oy vey, vot a day.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 16. Sep 2013, 07:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've spent the day in bed. A whole heap of what felt like un-necessary effort led to breakfast, a shower, humira, lunch and then a cuppa but each activity demanded a snooze after. My husband instructed me to take it easy as he left the house this morning and I have because I lack the reserves to do otherwise. He has also said we can have a take-away tonight, I was determined to cook but I am going to take the easy option.

I guess it's the culmination of an emotional week. Payback. It sucks. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Take your rest DD, You sure have had a lot to deal with lately, it's no wonder you feel worn out. May a few rest days bring on some better times soon. Isn't take-out great!!
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    HI DD
    If your body says stay in bed, then you have to listen to it! And a take away is law on a Friday!!
    I hope that you feel the benefit of resting today, tomorrow.
    For once let him indoors think he knows best :wink:
    Take care xx
    NB
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hope you will be feeling a little better soon, DD. Enjoy your take-a-way. Beryl. ((()))
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to see you have had a day of rest, lets hope you feel a bit better tomorrow, it will be so nice not to have to cook this evening, hope you enjoy................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Do as your husband tells you, DD :lol: . (As long as it seems a good idea at the time :wink: ) Enjoy the take-away. And the evening. There'll still be plenty of work left tomorrow.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    you must obey DD..like SW says (only when it suits )....its been a tough time for you.. so rest and more rest...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    Mmmm.....

Hope you are resting.......Friday is take-way night in this house for definite :D

I hope you got a curry.... I had chips :roll: better than cooking though :wink:

Toni's prescription= R&R :)

love

Toni xxx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Looking at it slightly differently DD - you have dealt with your personal care,fed yourself, coped with another day on the assault course that is your health, got through another day of emotional turmoil, and stillmanaged to offer wise words and support on here. Dammit woman you've done more work in one day than many so-called employees out there.
    I join the others in a toast to the parents who produced you.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi DD
    I hope the rest did you good
    You have been through so much just lately and I think your body just wanted you to rest and recharge your batteries
    Hope you enjoyed your take a way
    Maria :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My thanks to you all, what a caring and supportive group of people you are. Things are definitely on the up with me but I shall be sensible and take another easy day - it is tempting to do some housework, ironing and shopping (so NOT :wink: ) but that can all wait until tomorrow; I don't want to risk undoing the good that I have achieved. In Robin Reliant terms I crashed but have been restored to upright but driving further down the bumpy road of arthritic life can wait a little longer.

As many of you will know Saturday is usually our Plump Feline day but possibly not. Yup, I am wearing my sensible head (though come 3.30pm that may be swapped for my stupid one). He and I have things to discuss, many things of import and note, and beer could aid our conversation. We'll see. It's raining steadily and is likely to all day long. Yuk. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Of course beer will aid your conversation. That goes without saying :lol: Whether or not it will aid the clarity of your discussions is a different matter :wink: My tip - discuss first, then enjoy the beer, but that's me wearing my very unusual sensible head.

P.S. I'm glad things are a little better. Stuff the housework. It's boring and it never takes offence at being ignored and just slopes off in a huff. More's the pity.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hugs DD, I hope you're still resting and being kind to yourself x

(Plump Feline Day - I hesitate to ask ..... )
    Toots x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Plump Feline day? Our local is called the Fat Cat (aka the Corpulent Cougar aka the Obese Tiger aka the Plump **** or Feline aka the Massive Moggy). Its pub sign is lovely, a very fat ginger cat lounging against a proper glavanised dustbin which sports two fish skeletons poking out from under its lid. Said Mogglet is licking his lips and has a Louis Wain-type grin on its chops. It's an uphill walk from the house which can result in a downhill crutch-windmilling lurch to home. :wink:

We have a down-side: our neighbours are preparing for a party, I reckon it's a 40th birthday bash. The sound system has been tested (and not found wanting in any way) plus there is a steady on-going delivery of alcohol, food and chairs. It's gonna be a very long night. :( DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,952
    Options
    Hello DD
    you enjoy tonight it's just what you need ((((((((DD))))))))
    I raise my coffee mug to you.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Joan, thank you for the salutation - does your mug have a picture of a dog on it? I have a feeling it might. Or maybe flowers. :) Mine has Winnie-the-Pooh staring up at the sky.

Well, we went but didn't stay long as I was flattened by the walk there. Ye gods. Next door is having a party but only until 9pm which, I freely admit, has gladdened my miserable cockles. I will be going to bed as the girlies go out to hit the town. As I said, ye gods. A few years ago I would be sulking if I wasn't going out on a Saturday night, now all I want is Foyles War (or summat similar) and early beddy-byes. :roll:

We did talk matters of import and things are looking up, there is a bright light on the horizon which, hopefully, will not be extinguished. It's about bl**dy time somthing went right for us. DD
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    DD, you sound ever so slightly brighter. May you be slightly brighter again tomorrow.

Thinking of you.

Susie :)
  • Toots
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Plump Feline day? Our local is called the Fat Cat (aka the Corpulent Cougar aka the Obese Tiger aka the Plump **** or Feline aka the Massive Moggy). Its pub sign is lovely, a very fat ginger cat lounging against a proper glavanised dustbin which sports two fish skeletons poking out from under its lid. Said Mogglet is licking his lips and has a Louis Wain-type grin on its chops. It's an uphill walk from the house which can result in a downhill crutch-windmilling lurch to home. :wink:

Haha!! Love it!! (one of my kitties has ginger tendencies and is indeed a plump feline!) Not so sure about the crutch-windmilling though!

Very glad the chat was good for you though, keep that bright light in your sights. Hugs x
    Toots x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The girlies were supposed to go out - they didn't. :( Mind you, what a collection they presented - her next door is into burlesque and they were members of her dance troupe - the clothes, the make-up, the heels, the feather boas, the hat boxes! I guess arthritic burlesque dancers would require walking aids, hotties, flat shoes, wheat bags strategically draped etc - not quite so glam. :wink:

Things are slightly brighter again but even the smallest effort renders me useless for a while after. I managed to iron six shirts and that was me done. We went into town after lunch and - much to my suprise - I bought me some perfume. I now have to spray it onto my clothes (it upsets my skin) but I decided a treat would not go amiss. :) And it was half price. :D DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Oh DD, I'm with you on the treat therapy- it must be something non-practical to be of true value!!! My lovely OH treated me to a strictly non-necessary large bottle of expensive perfume on Saturday to cheer me up-bless him he's a treasure and I'm all too often a miserable bag of aches and pains :? . Keep taking it slowly, what doesn't get done will still be there when you feel more human again. Hope today is a bit brighter again!

Deb xx
  • Toots
    Options
    Hugs DD! The thought of arthritic burlesque dancers gave me quite a chuckle! So glad you treated yourself, it's a must now and then as a little boost. Take it easy xxx
    Toots x