Coxa vara

Options
gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
edited 15. Sep 2013, 13:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Off arthritis topic but my right hip is coxa vara. It's a deformity from puberty. It causes me a lot of pain (getting worse!)
I was just wondering if anyone on here has this aswell and if so how the cope, did you need a thr? Is it genetic?

It feels like its dislocating and I've overdone it this week. I was diagnosed with this as I lost weight and started having hip pain. The ra nurse thought it was ra, but X-rays proved otherwise ( at one point they thought I had broken my hip!!!

Hope someone can help
Thanks
Gemma

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi gemma

I have no experience of this, but wanted to say it sounds painful :( and offer my support to you

Love

Toni xxx
  • gemmapetken
    Options
    Thank you.
    After going on cimzia for ra its the only thing really bothering me!!!
    Lol
    These things are sent to try us!
    Gxx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Ouch
    Gemma that sounds really painful
    Have they said what the treatment is?
    Maria :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,717
    Options
    I'm very glad the cimzia is working well. That is good news. I'm another who hadn't heard of cox vara though. It seems to be unrelated to the arthritis and just bad luck. I think you need to ask whoever diagnosed you what treatment might be possible. I wish you well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Gemma sorry I have only just seen this, I have never heard of it either , but I do have hip pain so feel for you..what drew my attention to this is my hip used to come out when I was in my teens..am 63 now so nothing was done in those days..growing pain they said....I am told I have OA and just had my first THR and very pleased with it..hope you get some relief very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • gemmapetken
    Options
    Thank you for your replies.
    I was told originally to leave it until the pain becomes unbearable but since having my daughter its gotten worse. Back to the pain clinic then!

Apparently I had knee pain at 11 and they said it was my weight and growing pains. According to my doctor if they had xray it they would have seen my hip deforming, As the pain transfers!

Neve mind will struggle on!
    Having trouble bending to shave my legs so the hubby is getting a rough deal!!! Lol
    Gxx