stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
edited 23. Sep 2013, 13:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone else play this? The game requires only:

one arthritic competitor
a line of washing
a bag of pegs

METHOD

1. Peg washing on line. In the unlikely event of your achieving this without dropping any pegs you are insufficiently arthritic for this game. Go indoors and do some press-ups.

2. Assuming your knobbly fingers have dropped at least one peg (summer) and at least three/four (cold, windy conditions) kick each peg towards the back door. Start with the one furthest away, kick as far as possible then move onto the next farthest one. Your aim is to end up with a little group of pegs waiting patiently just outside the door.

3. Enter house, collect grabber stick and use it to pick up pegs bearing in mind that, if you get over-ambitious and try more than two at once, they will all fall out and you'll have to start again.

4. Swing pegs onto convenient surface in house – not so high that they'll drop onto the floor before you can 'land' them, and not so low that you can't bend down far enough to retrieve them.

5. Shut door, replace grabber and transfer pegs to bag.

6. You are the winner. Reward yourself with a cup of coffee :D

(Alternatively, leave pegs in situ outside and smile nicely at husband. :wink: )
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Now this sounds like fun! It's been years since I pegged out any washing but that is simply because it used to get covered in greenfly poo - well, I assumed it was greenfly poo because the garden has a lot of them and the streaks were small and green.

I play the indoor version of this because I use pegs to secure food bags and frozen veg bags. I drop them sometimes but I am still able to bend from the waist to pick them up. I guess this doesn't count: I will go and do some press-ups. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Ok I'll play:

silverware footie, food-drop footie (the dog helps with this one :D ), just-about-anything-drop footie! I can drop it all :roll: . I can bend, I just can't come up up again!
    No press-ups, these are not in my rulebook!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Anna, some days I drop so much the kitchen looks like a disaster area.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    SW :lol: I always smile nicely at my husband...then we end up with him holding the pegs and me hanging out with one crutch under my arm....
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am still smiling at the 'vision' of you kicking your pegs along, trying to group them neatly for the next stage. Thank you for providing this very gentle entertainment, smiling does help matters. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Yes, Sticky mine too. Sadly, that spot under the edge of the cabinets tends to fill up. My husband plays the footie game too.

At 6'5" and a long way from the floor, his back won't allow him to become upright after a bend either. We're a fine pair. Bits of broken dishes, dropped this and that.

I remember my mum really enjoying the footie game in her kitchen too :lol:

Occasionally I win getting an item of clothing hooked on a toe and flinging it onto a chair back :lol: . Extra points!