Pocket duties for my daughter please

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 18. Sep 2013, 10:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
As some of you know my daughter has ulcerative colitis and was diagnosed at 18 last July
She's had 2 emergency admissions since and her condition is very unstable even with the strong meds
Sag
SHe's had problems with her eyes was seen by an ophthalmologist who says her high eye pressures were due to the steroids she has had to calm her colitis down
Now her liver functions high due to the Azothiaprine he's now on that also doesn't seem to be controlling her colitis
Typical all this is happening when she's due back at uni grr
She gas a GP appointment today then on Friday a hospital appointment to see the gastroenterologist at the hospital each time they try and put her in hospital
So both of us need pocket duties please as its always such a stressful and anxious time for both of us
If she's ok I'm ok if she's bad I'm bad
I just wish I could take it away from her and have it myself
Thank you for reading this
Maria

Comments

• ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Maria

I'll be thinking of you both. My own daughter is 18, and it hurts when they are hurting and you can't do anything to help. Mine has hypermobility syndrome, so not nearly as serious as your poor girl, but she suffers dreadful joint pain and I could cry for her...so many times I have said I wish I could take it from her. I'm ready to jump in your pocket anytime you need!

X
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Me too, Maria. I feel for you and can understand how your daughter's health affects your own well-being. I do hope that things go well today and on Friday. Hopefully, they will come up with meds that don't have such an adverse affect on the rest of her health. Thinking about you.

Meg
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Will be with you both Maria, and do hope all goes well. Beryl. (((())))
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Maria...when our children are poorly then like you say the stress passes on to us....I will definitely be in your pockets....and I do hope they can help her with the pain and get her back to uni...bless I wish I could help more...please let us know how you get on...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in Maria, anytime xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Count me in too. The joys and pains of being a mum- I so understand what you mean about being okay when they are, and rough when they are hurting. Hope that things calm down so that she can get back to uni on schedule.

Big hugs for you both {{{{{{{{{ :) }}}}}}}}}}}

Deb xx
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Thinking of you and your daughter Maria, and hoping all goes well. I know what you mean about wanting to take your childs pain, but it means you're a good mum! xxx
    Toots x
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi
    It's not good news my daughters meds have caused her white bloods to stop producing called neutropenia so she's had to stop it immediately
    Got to watch out for any infections brewing and ring the doc immediately
    My god it never rains it bloody pours!
    Luckily we have the appointment on Friday and she's emailed her IBD nurse so hopefully get some answers
    I feel so sick with worry its so unfair poor love
    Having a bit of medical knowledge it so a good thing!,
    Maria :cry:
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Absolutely Maria, will be there for both of you.

Best wishes &(((())))
    Anna
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    I will think of you both Maria

I have some experience of neutropenia. I am sure you know anyway, but keep an eye on her temp which can raise early with infections

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Oh my gosh, hope you are both ok.

I will be ready for pocket duties as and when needed

Stay strong Petals xx
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'm thinking about you and your daughter, Maria and hoping that things improve.

Look after yourself, too. Try to get some 'me-time' to reduce your stress. Easier said than done, I know.

Meg (((())))
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh Maria how awful!! Ure poor girl :( I've passed psoriasis on to my 18 year old daughter & I feel terrible about it. I can't imagine how it must feel having her so poorly tho. I'm so very sorry for you both!!

Good luck with the hospital visit. ((((hugs+strength)))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Thank you all your support and kind words
    Will let you know how it goes on Friday
    Maria
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hugs Maria, for you both x I hope they can find a replacement med that's more suited to her (or at least, I hope I understood correctly that it's the meds causing the neutropenia, seems like most of them can). xxx
    Toots x